Purpose of scout

varietasplus

I think it was not the right decision to put the EMP and the Booster charge into the same component slot.

A scout is to eliminate turrets, gunships and from now on mines ASAP.

To achieve this, the scout both needs to travel great distances quickly and to use EMP at the same time.

ATM it is impossible for a scout pilot either needs to pick Booster charge or EMP.

I would rather sacrifise either the shield or the evasion skill than Booster or EMP.

What do you think?

What I'd like to see is the option to change your Systems, Shield and Engine component at the start (not during) the match. There is no matchmaking to speak of so that wouldn't be an issue; there is no CM version of Blackbolt, so I can't have two of them with different loadouts. And some components are more useful/essential in Domination (the EMP field) while others help more in Deathmatch (and I can't choose which mode I'll play).

There are other ways to boost your traveling speed/range--significantly (almost indefinitely)--besides Booster Recharge.

I'm not going to build the ship for you though. That's half the fun.

Edited by Nemarus

I think it was not the right decision to put the EMP and the Booster charge into the same component slot.

A scout is to eliminate turrets, gunships and from now on mines ASAP.

To achieve this, the scout both needs to travel great distances quickly and to use EMP at the same time.

ATM it is impossible for a scout pilot either needs to pick Booster charge or EMP.

I would rather sacrifise either the shield or the evasion skill than Booster or EMP.

What do you think?

No. There should be a choice. You can't have it all, simple as that.

No. There should be a choice. You can't have it all, simple as that.

This. They made the right choice by forcing scouts to actually choose what they're going to use.

Although I do find the OP's suggestion of putting the EMP in the shield component slot funny. I very much doubt EMP would be worth sacrificing all of your shielding or that a scout that did make such a sacrifice would live long enough to benefit from their EMP.

I agree with the need for choice. You should not be able to build your scout to be able to be everywhere at once and be able to render GS/Mines/Turrets ineffective at the same time.

That being said, we definitely need a loadout screen because Domination and Deathmatch require very different tactics, and thus very different ship components. Building a scout to optimize on Domination strategies leaves it more vulnerable (not useless, but not as good as it could be) in Deathmatches and vice-versa.

Being able to change our loadout before the mission starts would be amazing. We are allowed to switch between entirely different ships during the game, so why are we not allowed to switch out individual components before the game?

Edited by sollinton

I agree with the need for choice. You should not be able to build your scout to be able to be everywhere at once and be able to render GS/Mines/Turrets ineffective at the same time.

That being said, we definitely need a loadout screen because Domination and Deathmatch require very different tactics, and thus very different ship components. Building a scout to optimize on Domination strategies leaves it more vulnerable (not useless, but not as good as it could be) in Deathmatches and vice-versa.

Being able to change our loadout before the mission starts would be amazing. We are allowed to switch between entirely different ships during the game, so why are we not allowed to switch out individual components before the game?

Or the option to have preset loadouts we can select similar to how some people use CM ships to have a 2nd load out.

But you're right TDM is so different from domination that you really need different loadouts for each.

The response to OP is simple: Engine power converter shield component.

You may laugh, but it is one awesome shield. Hell of a capacity, and lets you boost close to indefinitely. Loads slow though, but it is a small price for its actual performance. Once I got it, I found that I don't even use booster recharge anymore, so I could swap to Targeting telemetry and now I can swap that for the EMP, if I'd feel like it.