The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

bigger, combat-orientated pets

like every idea i have put on the forum, i know people are going to be all butthurt about this simple suggestion. you have no need to click on my thread if you do not like my idea, please just be courteous and respect others' ideas. i have seen lots of less than ideal ideas on the forum, but i just try to give a few suggestions on how to make it better.

although i do like some of the styles of the pets, especially the miniprobes and the wrigglers (i have all 3!). i am not a fan about their small size, i have a hard time believing that every creature in the galaxy is the same size. i also wish that they were worth summoning in the first place. i think it would be a good idea if they can give you little tiny buffs, little heals, or deal little cutesy attacks. i certainly don't want them to have effects that would really do much, that's what the companions are for. but maybe that small bit of help given is juuusssst enough. i was thinking that something can increase energy regeneration by 1, or increase armor rating by 1.5%. these should be something that one should pay, oh i dunno, 100 CC, and not something that can be found in game, unless people start selling them on the GTN for a fortune like the cybernetic series armor. a small tech tree like in GSF would be nice to upgrade that 1.5% all the way up to a 3 or maybe even a 4% if it is a super rare. i don't see this happening in-game but it would be nice.

What you're asking for isn't a 'pet'; what you're really asking for is something that gives you a buff of some sort (being dressed up in the guise of a pet is irrelevant). And being able to purchase such a buff through cc's would be considered "Pay-to-win", which the Cartel Market has intended to avoid.

I would actually enjoy seeing pets trying to gnaw on the ankles of what we attack, but it should cause no damage and be purely cosmetic. But from a pvp perspective, that could also be considered unfair on the grounds of being a distraction by being another targetable thing in direct proximity (solvable by making the ankle-biting effect not apply to players).

Edited by HeatRacer

what you're asking for isn't a 'pet'; what you're really asking for is something that gives you a buff of some sort (being dressed up in the guise of a pet is irrelevant). And being able to purchase such a buff through cc's would be considered "pay-to-win", which the cartel market has intended to avoid.

^ this

Edited by Never_Hesitate

What you're asking for isn't a 'pet'; what you're really asking for is something that gives you a buff of some sort (being dressed up in the guise of a pet is irrelevant). And being able to purchase such a buff through cc's would be considered "Pay-to-win", which the Cartel Market has intended to avoid.

I would actually enjoy seeing pets trying to gnaw on the ankles of what we attack, but it should cause no damage and be purely cosmetic. But from a pvp perspective, that could also be considered unfair on the grounds of being a distraction by being another targetable thing in direct proximity (solvable by making the ankle-biting effect not apply to players).

the ankle-biting thing sounds really creative, but if it is not dressed up in the guise of a pet, then what would it be?