The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Narrow down the level-spans in group finder!

MidichIorian

It's freaking pointless to end up in high level flashpoints with people who are 6 levels higher than yourself. I just got D7 as a level 47 with a level 53 tank. I got 78 EXP on some mobs :mad: (and that's with EXP boost) That might be cool if it's the first time you run the flashpoint and only are looking for the experience but when you've been through it a cazillion times already and use it as a way to level up it's just a waste of time. I'd get more EXP killing random non-mission NPC'es on Voss in the same amount of time.

This has annoyed me since release and there quite a few threads with others too.

This happens right through the whole leveling curve with all the FP's and when you are doing heroics, and its quite silly, especially when the one of the load screens advertise the fact you get better xp for grouping. :rolleyes:

It only takes one person in your group as little as 2 levels above you will basically turn your xp into not worth it category, yet the +/- level on any given planet will be around 5 levels.

I really dont see why they didnt just use that as a measure where no one gets nerfed if within that range.

As for your suggestion, that would be bad as it also narrows down the possible players to fill the spot and make it much harder to get a group, much better to just fix the gains/losses.

With my current VG, Im skipping a lot of planet stuff and using FPs and Heroics a lot, but I just drop group now if I see higher levels as its just not worth it.

It sucks for the higher levels too. I leveled up my newest toon with a lot of FPs and I always drew the "random" FP six levels below me...the XP gain was so small that I'd get it over with just for the random FP daily and then requeue with only the higher-level FP option selected. I never actually got the flashpoint that matched my level unless I forced GF to put me there.

Last I checked, GF cuts off pre 50 FP's at level 50 in GF, so all that's available is the hard mode 50's and a few low ops like EV until 55....So there's no way a level 53 can queue up for a pre 50 FP via GF ( I know D7 is either 49 I think) unless your group physically enter the instance gate rather than use GF. So unless you somehow managed to group up for a level 50 HM which I also don't think is available at level 47 then I can't see how its possible.

Just wait till you hit 50 and queue in a HM then find most of your group are 55's, you practically get no XP then.. but at least its a quick run through of the FP