The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

Beniboybling

Your inability to understand game mechanics is not my fault.

*shrug*

I have a pretty great understanding of game mechanics. I have contacted the writers and mechanics of SWTOR many times, trying to understand certain cutscene feats and abilities (they were normally annoyed I emailed them).

Edited by MarcheseAMM

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pretty great understanding of game mechanics. I have contacted the writers and mechanics of SWTOR many times, trying to understand certain cutscene feats and abilities (they were normally annoyed I emailed them).

Which means any answer they gave you was not their "official" response but what ever it took to shut you up and leave them alone. They told you what you wanted to hear, not the truth. (if any of what you are saying is even true at all).

Edited by tunewalker

Then, please, enlighten me. What did they say about the feat in question?

Not at all, your failure to understand Revan's unique connection to the Force is your fault, not mine. The text, emails, guides, and even codex entries specifically state Revan has learned to balance both sides of the Force in a way never seen before except the likes of the Father from the Mortis trilogy arc. And it certainly is possible, as stated by the codex entry you even quote: "They contend that simultaneously knowing and embracing both the light and dark sides of the Force is possible, and point to Revan as potential proof." So yeah, get a source that says the following sources have no credibility or else I accept your automatic concession for eternity. Thanks.

• Star Wars: The Old Republic
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan

Statements that are intepretable, deliberately made vague and most importantly do not outright state that Revan could and did wield the light and dark simultaneously in any regular sense. And in that respect, I require no alternate statement, just intepretable evidence that speaks to the contrary. Regardless, if you are not prepared to respond to my argument in full, I am not interested, I have no intention of engaging in any more petty mud slinging.

Do you also dislike the Bane books,as @Selenial does?
No I very much like the Bane Trilogy and though Revan from a literary standpoint is not his best work, believe him to be an excellent writer and enjoy all his other material, nor do I dislike him as a person.

That doesn't change the fact he is a dumb@ss when it comes to lore.

Statements that are intepretable, deliberately made vague and most importantly do not outright state that Revan could and did wield the light and dark simultaneously in any regular sense. And in that respect, I require no alternate statement, just intepretable evidence that speaks to the contrary. Regardless, if you are not prepared to respond to my argument in full, I am not interested, I have no intention of engaging in any more petty mud slinging.

Lol, I accept your concession. :rolleyes:

I never asked them about the feat, I asked them about how the Dread Masters could talk to the people and ****.

I'm finding it difficult to understand why you seem to think you have a greater understanding of the mechanics than anyone else then. At this point it's just interpretations.

Fortunately I have my college education on programming to assist me.

You haven't done a very good job of explaining your arguments, if you did we might listen.

That's because I'm multitasking doing my ComicVine debate, my debate with LeGenD on KMC, replying to YouTube comments on JDGamer's newest video, working on my Revan respect thread, and trying to solve relationship issues.

Then I guess I'll wait.

Link me to everything I need to respond too, I'll make a folder and bookmark it. I literally just got yelled at for talking to two people after they left a group conversation because I wasn't talking to them in the *********** group conversation!

That's because I'm multitasking doing my ComicVine debate, my debate with LeGenD on KMC, replying to YouTube comments on JDGamer's newest video, working on my Revan respect thread, and trying to solve relationship issues.

Considering the last one there, if you really want to keep her, take my advice, Drop the rest of the activities this second, come back to them when Life is straightened out.

If you are just in High school, then nvm you will figure it out on your own soon enough after you finally get to the real world.

I'm not going to get back into the whole nexus thing, because I already dealt with that issue. I will, however, encourage a more logical approach to Revan's asteroid feat. I find it unlikely that Revan could throw down all of those asteroids while simultaneously being attacked by four individuals at once. It is an exaggerated feat in this sense.

I'm just going to quote this.

This is one of the reasons I believe it to be exaggerated.

Alright, thinking on it more, does this whole asteroid thing really matter? He moved asteroids, that's great. We know he did it.

And, yes, while I think the scale to which he did it is muddled in the mechanics, the fact he did it is enough in my opinion. I think that should be enough for everyone, so can we drop it?

Alright, thinking on it more, does this whole asteroid thing really matter? He moved asteroids, that's great. We know he did it.

And, yes, while I think the scale to which he did it is muddled in the mechanics, the fact he did it is enough in my opinion. I think that should be enough for everyone, so can we drop it?

Personally I dont consider that any better then what he did against Vitiate any way. Honestly I put "moving astroids" below "moving star fighters" any way since Fighters actively act against while Asteroids dont.

On that topic, we should probably make a concerted effort to justify our verdicts mathematically, not my strong suit unfortunately, but I think factoring in things like weight, speed etc. could help us make more accurate comparisons.

Other factors, could be multi-tasking, and resistant forces. (resistant forces being BOTH Force related and mechanical/ biological related or potentially all 3). Also things like amount of strain shown. Looking at contemporaries that they are considered "more powerful" then helps as well since rarely do we see the limits of all the characters in the EU, as such some times we see Lesser force users display stronger TK or what have you then what a "more power TK user" has been seen using simply because the later didnt find himself in a situation to need to use it.

On that topic, we should probably make a concerted effort to justify our verdicts mathematically, not my strong suit unfortunately, but I think factoring in things like weight, speed etc. could help us make more accurate comparisons.

What if an object doesn't have a weight provided? :p