The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

Beniboybling

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the topic of nexuses, when are the Temple's destroyed? According to Marr:

As we speak are working with the Republic to end the Revanite threat and take the Temple.

Take =/= Destroy. On top of that we see ground forces approaching the temple, not something you do when you plan to collapse the thing. On top of that that is just one temple of many, and the one you end up fighting at is intact.

I think to assume the nexus was weakened, when this is nowhere stated, is conjecture.

Lets not forget that Yavin 4 is described as an extremely powerful dark side nexus, to which Satele remarks that Oricon does not compare. And that the temples acted as focal points for this energy, including the one fought at, which for the record appeared to house the spirit of the Sith Emperor himself, that area would be heavily saturated in the dark side.

In regards to Marr and Beniko being amped, it is likely but as a considerably more powerful Force User Revan's ability to draw on the nexus would be many times greater, especially in a pure DS state, so it is no equivalent. And as Aurbere rightly pointed out, Satele Shan and her battle meditation/healing capabilities would have been weakened. Bearing in mind that of similar strength, that would more or less cancel out Marr, leaving only Beniko.

Not really worth mentioning, Revan would have been significantly amped and was evidently more powerful.

As we speak are working with the Republic to end the Revanite threat and take the Temple.

Take =/= Destroy. On top of that we see ground forces approaching the temple, not something you do when you plan to collapse the thing. On top of that that is just one temple of many, and the one you end up fighting at is intact.

I think to assume the nexus was weakened, when this is nowhere stated, is conjecture.

Lets not forget that Yavin 4 is described as an extremely powerful dark side nexus, to which Satele remarks that Oricon does not compare. And that the temples acted as focal points for this energy, including the one fought at, which for the record appeared to house the spirit of the Sith Emperor himself, that area would be heavily saturated in the dark side.

In regards to Marr and Beniko being amped, it is likely but as a considerably more powerful Force User Revan's ability to draw on the nexus would be many times greater, especially in a pure DS state, so it is no equivalent. And as Aurbere rightly pointed out, Satele Shan and her battle meditation/healing capabilities would have been weakened. Bearing in mind that of similar strength, that would more or less cancel out Marr, leaving only Beniko.

Not really worth mentioning, Revan would have been significantly amped and was evidently more powerful.

Before I reply, I want to make sure you aren't trolling, because everything you said there was so incorrect I am confused to where to even start a response. Like man... I'm questioning if you even ever watched the movies.

You've failed to prove otherwise aside from some silly nonsense about scripted stuff.

It's not my fault you lack the intelligence to understand how mechanics in a game work.

Edited by MarcheseAMM

Before I reply, I want to make sure you aren't trolling, because everything you said there was so incorrect I am confused to where to even start a response. Like man... I'm questioning if you even ever watched the movies.

It's not my fault you lack the intelligence to understand how mechanics in a game work.

Your obvious deflection tactics are obvious. Respond or concede please, on both accounts.

Very well, but add this to my collection of debates I beat you in. By this point I think I'm 10-and-0.
Your rarely capable of engaging in a debate, so I can't imagine what your referring to, however I must admit I'm surprised you failed to respond to my arguments concerning Revan and Traya's alignments.

I'd assume you'd be up in arms about me lecturing you on Revan, no? And on your own thread too.

Edited by Beniboybling

Your rarely capable of engaging in a debate, so I can't imagine what your referring to, however I must admit I'm surprised you failed to respond to my arguments concerning Revan and Traya's alignments.

I'd assume you'd be up in arms about me lecturing you on Revan, no? And on your own thread too.

I failed to respond because I have absolutely no clue what you are referring to, so link me and I will reply at an appropriate time. Still, must be embarrassing to come to KMC to "educate us" and get beat down by a teen 10 times.

The bombing takes place after Revan's defeat in the Temple of Sacrifice. We see the bombing of the temple here:

and here:
The destruction of the central nexus is here:
Note that the primary reason of the nexus of the planet were the temples, but it is canonically stated power in the temples are locked inside of them. Their destruction should end a lot of the nexus.

Lets not forget that Yavin 4 is described as an extremely powerful dark side nexus, to which Satele remarks that Oricon does not compare.

Satele Shan was canonically not present on Oricon during the reign of the Dread Masters. The highest ranking Republic person on the planet, besides the PC, was a mere sergeant. Her experience on Oricon would be then before the Dread Master's affected it, or after their deaths and vaporization of power from the known galaxy.

And that the temples acted as focal points for this energy

Not for exterior power, but rather once inside. The energies were locked inside, remember?

LOL. That is not how midichlorians, concentrations of energy, or Battle Meditation work at all, LMFAO.

You've failed to prove otherwise aside from some silly nonsense about scripted stuff.

What part of my argument are you unable to comprehend, the fact that we seen people throw down rocks other then Revan and it was scripted to their character, yet when Revan does it, it was scripted to the actual level instead?

Ah, well sadly I don't care for your essays on how Drew doesn't understand Star Wars. He specifically stated in an email it was not a display of oneness and the demonstration Revan did there was a display of his ability to call upon both sides of the Force. When I asked him about this, he stated "I always felt that Revan was special because he learned to balance and call on both the light and dark sides of the Force."

Edited by MarcheseAMM

I'm not going to get back into the whole nexus thing, because I already dealt with that issue. I will, however, encourage a more logical approach to Revan's asteroid feat. I find it unlikely that Revan could throw down all of those asteroids while simultaneously being attacked by four individuals at once. It is an exaggerated feat in this sense.

Ah, well sadly I don't care for your essays on how Drew doesn't understand Star Wars. He specifically stated in an email it was not a display of oneness and the demonstration Revan did there was a display of his ability to call upon both sides of the Force. When I asked him about this, he stated "I always felt that Revan was special because he learned to balance and call on both the light and dark sides of the Force."
Drew is wrong and/or confused, sorry, his very own stories and the EU as a whole, are working against him.

As you would say, concession accepted I guess.

Drew is wrong and/or confused, sorry, his very own stories and the EU as a whole, are working against him.

As you would say, concession accepted I guess.

Not at all, your failure to understand Revan's unique connection to the Force is your fault, not mine. The text, emails, guides, and even codex entries specifically state Revan has learned to balance both sides of the Force in a way never seen before except the likes of the Father from the Mortis trilogy arc. And it certainly is possible, as stated by the codex entry you even quote: "They contend that simultaneously knowing and embracing both the light and dark sides of the Force is possible, and point to Revan as potential proof." So yeah, get a source that says the following sources have no credibility or else I accept your automatic concession for eternity. Thanks.

• Star Wars: The Old Republic
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan

Edited by MarcheseAMM

Guys, everything in these boss fights is scripted in some way. The only issue is determining is the event that occurred is a mechanic of the game or not. Revan throwing all of those asteroids is, especially when the scope of the battle is taken into account.

They are mechanics. All boss fights are mechanics. From every developer blog, or developer "how we made it" goes for boss fights in games is they look at what "boss Pattern" would be "fun" for the player. All fights in game are mechanics. He may HAVE all these powers but how he uses them in a fight is mechanics. Not to mention again, the Wrath and the rest of the other PC to me still werent there any way, as the character that is there is PURELY your choice of who to bring.

Still best showing vs Vitiate, but I am sure this conversation will continue on endlessly. We might as well talk about the Average Jedi in NJO being able to leap 5 Stories with relative ease, cus Jedi Academy, or Jedi Knight Outcast.

They are mechanics. All boss fights are mechanics. From every developer blog, or developer "how we made it" goes for boss fights in games is they look at what "boss Pattern" would be "fun" for the player. All fights in game are mechanics. He may HAVE all these powers but how he uses them in a fight is mechanics. Not to mention again, the Wrath and the rest of the other PC to me still werent there any way, as the character that is there is PURELY your choice of who to bring.

Still best showing vs Vitiate, but I am sure this conversation will continue on endlessly. We might as well talk about the Average Jedi in NJO being able to leap 5 Stories with relative ease, cus Jedi Academy, or Jedi Knight Outcast.

Indeed. What we know is that Revan has the strength to grip and throw small asteroids. How many is questionable.

Can that at least suffice, everyone? It's still a really great feat.