The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Returning Powertech help!

Lerats

So I quit a few months before F2P was announced and just returned. I currently respec'd tank, following an online guide. But before I was dps spec.

What seems to be more desirable from a Powertech? I remember being a DPS spec i was always average even with full rakata.

Which brings me to my question. If I decide to stay Tank spec, what armor stat combinations do I use? Aim/Endur/ Absorption? Im trying to get it figured out!

I ran a FP yesterday and was sure which style of armor to roll on =/. Then it had me thinking maybe I should look into whats wanted out of a Powertech before I start purchasing/farming armor. I think having the higher dps flame spec is more fun. But does that make me useless in Ops? Thanks for all the help/suggestions!

Thanks!!!

Edited by Lerats

I have played one of every tank class in this game and PT is my favorite. PTs have high passive mitigation. They have few defensive CDs and their rotation is very simple. It is probably the easiest tank class to play at the moment and would be good to play if you are a bit rusty.

As far as gearing goes, KBN has a thread that tells you how to gear optimally:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616779

On the DPS side, I would say that PTs are mid pack. In 2.6, their Pyro/AP hybrid spec will be nerfed. I don't know good they will be after the nerf.

I have played one of every tank class in this game and PT is my favorite. PTs have high passive mitigation. They have few defensive CDs and their rotation is very simple. It is probably the easiest tank class to play at the moment and would be good to play if you are a bit rusty.

As far as gearing goes, KBN has a thread that tells you how to gear optimally:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616779

On the DPS side, I would say that PTs are mid pack. In 2.6, their Pyro/AP hybrid spec will be nerfed. I don't know good they will be after the nerf.

After 2.6:

DPS wise, PTs will be beating no class when you look at best performance per class. Pyro PTs will still outperform Rage marauders/Juggs, Deception Sins, AP PTs and madness sorcs - though those specs have much more AoE potential.

However, PTs also have THE most mobile spec in the game with Pyrotech. No channeling required, no melee requirements and no casting requirement, means that, even ignoring stockstrike, you are gonna be doing quite a lot of damage. If my math is right, you get 97% of your potential damage while sticking between 10 and 4 meters (dropping closer than 4 meters every 9 seconds gets the last 3%) - so while a PT has near the bottom for DPS, it has the top DPS for a fight that doesn't let you stand till - e.g. the Dread Masters when you get stuck with Raptus Duty