I know noxxic says this:

Letsjet

don't take gearing advice from noxxic its wrong

This

Noxxic literally says "70% surge, 25% crit" for everything. Yet specs have different requirements depending on talents and stuff.

For a marauder though, each spec has an auto-crit talent, pretty much removing any need for crit rating until you get to the best gear in the game. Unless, of course, you dont have the expansion (AKA capped to level 50), where full dread guard should have about 25% crit unbuffed.

Other classes though might benefit a little more from crit though

@Level 55

Juggs - about the same as Marauders

Operatives - get quite a bit (I believe its 28% crit rate in dread forged for concealment, a little less for lethality)

Snipers - not as much as operatives, but still a little (22-23% is my guess)

Sorcs - about the same as Marauders for lightning, more for madness

Sins - Unhealthly levels of crit for deception, about the same as sorcs for madness

PTs - 0 crit for AP, 2 crit for every 11 power in pyro (hey, my main is an assault vanguard and I figured this out with maths and stuff)

Mercs - no idea, but i'd say about the same as sorcs (low for arsenal, more for pyro)

However, while you level just prioritize might armorings/hilts, deft mods, and either power/accuracy or power/surge enhancements (dont go above 101% accuracy, and try to go as low as possible while going above 100% accuracy when talking about accuracy)

• 2 weeks later...

POWER! MOAR POWER! And surge because it's the only logical choice that goes with it.

Noxxic is terrible. Don't use it. Also, it doesn't really matter until you are max level and have actual gearing options. For now just take what you are given from quests. But if you have a choice, power is gewd.