The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Will you ever take this game further???

AFatalBlade

Besides redundantly adding some small twist to end game gameplay are you EVER going to do things like increase the level cap, add to the low end content and mid content so as folks that have stuck with you and made multiple characters and also specifically for solo players improve/add end game content that has equally good rewards as good as the rewards for team based players.

I'm honestly getting very bored with the content and the few friends I was playing the game with have left to play other games because they too got tired of doing the same thing over and over again. (And I'm a full subscription player btw)

I am currently considering dropping my script because of these issues I've mentioned. I have friends playing Star Trek where I've played in the past but I've noticed they have added new content, a new faction different kinds of reward systems etc? Now granted I haven't played much lately because I've been playing where my friends play mostly but I enjoyed playing solo for awhile now it's just not entertaining.

Anyway the basic question is are there any significant changes coming?? Something that might revitalize the game for people who are not embroiled in the current end game??

Besides redundantly adding some small twist to end game gameplay are you EVER going to do things like increase the level cap, add to the low end content and mid content so as folks that have stuck with you and made multiple characters and also specifically for solo players improve/add end game content that has equally good rewards as good as the rewards for team based players.

I'm honestly getting very bored with the content and the few friends I was playing the game with have left to play other games because they too got tired of doing the same thing over and over again. (And I'm a full subscription player btw)

I am currently considering dropping my script because of these issues I've mentioned. I have friends playing Star Trek where I've played in the past but I've noticed they have added new content, a new faction different kinds of reward systems etc? Now granted I haven't played much lately because I've been playing where my friends play mostly but I enjoyed playing solo for awhile now it's just not entertaining.

Anyway the basic question is are there any significant changes coming?? Something that might revitalize the game for people who are not embroiled in the current end game??

They increased the level cap in April 2013; not even a year ago.

The new Flashpoint due out on Tuesday is a new type of instance: role-neutral and any level 15 or higher can queue. That's new low and mid content. It is also not fixed content. When you enter you will be given different tasks each time. Granted, do the Kuat Drive Yards (Tactical Flashpoint) enough times and you will see all the combinations, but it is still very different than what you've experienced so far.

Furthermore GSF can be played at level 1 (you may not like it, but it is new content for all levels). And they are adding a new map on Tuesday.

If you are not looking for a WoW Cataclysm style revamp, don't get your hopes up for two reasons:

1. Even in WoW that was the third expansion and six years into that game.
  2. Radically altering the leveling planets (levels 1-50) would force a reworking of the stories too. And that is cost prohibitive

This game is barely three years old; in that time it's had one expansion, which came with and increase to the level cap, and has had a plethora of content updates in between. If that's not enough for you, this probably isn't the game for you.

Honestly, if you're choosing not to engage in content that is given free access specifically to subscribers, your subscription isn't worth it. Unsub and enjoy the casual F2P experience here, while you follow friends wherever they may go.

This...is....in...the....wrong....section. Getting tiresome.

Eh, if someone is new to the forums I can't really blame them for seeing "Star Wars" as a forum title and thinking, "Hey, that sounds like the place for general topics..." especially since "General Discussion" is kind of shunted off to the bottom right of the forums list. Yeah, it's a mistake, but it's a fairly understandable one.

Besides redundantly adding some small twist to end game gameplay

The additions have all been pretty straightforward End-game progression, which is pretty much the industry standard for these WoW-style MMOs, and what a lot of people are expecting/looking for in the game.

are you EVER going to do things like increase the level cap,

They did that once within the past year already, with the first expansion. If I had to guess, I would speculate they'll do it again with the next one after GSF since two "digital expansions" without a level cap increase would be pushing it.

add to the low end content and mid content so as folks that have stuck with you and made multiple characters

GSF is all about this, with the Starfighter mode available from level 1 and the new Tactical Flashpoint scaling with level so it is accessible from early on. They aren't full-blown alternatives to the original leveling path (well, I guess GSF mode is if you really like dogfights - you can level all the way to max with just that), but they're first steps and depending on how well the new Tactical FP is received may be a sign of things to come.

I would not expect Legacy of Romulas style revamps/alternative leveling quest paths being built into the main game though, that would be extremely resource intensive for them to develop for a pretty low return; 99% of what we see on this front will probably be designed around replayable and/or procedurally generated content.

and also specifically for solo players improve/add end game content that has equally good rewards as good as the rewards for team based players.

While it's possible that SWTOR will try to break the mold and put a new twist on end-game by implementing some sort of solo-play progression system that's on-par with raiding-level group progression, I kind of doubt it.

The whole point of the "good rewards" you get from end-game group content is that gear of that item level is required to progress to the next 'tier' of end-game content; someone who's going to only play solo at end-game doesn't need top-level gear because there aren't any enemies designed to need those sorts of stats specifically to be soloed.

Again, this is kind of industry-standard. Could SWTOR change the paradigm? Sure. Will they? ...eh, probably not.

Edited by DarthDymond

Thank you for the awesome replies, I mean that seriously.

You've offered some good food for thought. I am going to explore the new space fighting which I haven't yet but if it's built similar to the preexisting space battles where your ship is not in your control and you have no real skills I doubt I will find it interesting. I really like the space battling you can do in Star Trek and I think Star Wars (Given the name would lend itself to one thinking you will be spending a fair amount of time in space battles as well as the ground game) should explore this line of expansion it would definitely help me be more interested. Star Trek has nowhere near the quality of ground game that SWTOR has but it has the only space combat system worthy of being called space combat between the 2 of them. I would like to see Star Trek improve their ground game to match that of SWTOR and vice versa with the space combat! Thanks for your views.:cool: