Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dark/Light Options

Mortelus

I think it would be great if we could have different variations of the Dark effect, not played light so don't know if they have any effect.

I would be happy to purchase/unlock with legacy various darkside effects, it would give us Sith different appearences from each other also.

For light side you could have somethign else... i dunno what though :)

Thoughts?

I haven't noticed anything different on the light V characters in terms of appearance.

I do agree, that I'd like to be able to choose my dark side effects...eye colour, pallor, and veining/no veining. I've always thought a pale red eyed toon would be cool, but I've never liked the veining/bruising marks around the eyes and mouth and such.

Maybe this would be noticed and acknowledge better if you put a post in suggestions too. :)

The way the dark side corruption affects characters has been a rather common thing people have issues with ever since launch, me included, so don't get your hopes up of anything actually being done. They scrapped the whole idea about making alignment a big deal, probably due to resource constraints. We were *supposed* to have multiple different entire outfits that were dark/light specific. It all just kinda got cut.

The way the dark side corruption affects characters has been a rather common thing people have issues with ever since launch, me included, so don't get your hopes up of anything actually being done. They scrapped the whole idea about making alignment a big deal, probably due to resource constraints. We were *supposed* to have multiple different entire outfits that were dark/light specific. It all just kinda got cut.

But they could make money (i am guessing alot) from selling customization for darkside corruption. They sell companion customizations, why not create some for darkside corruption also.

It got cut because people complained about darkside corruption being forced to show. You know, because of customization.

Yep this post is better suited for the suggestion area.

I'm not a big fan of the dark side visual option, if makes my character appear old and tired looking. And it completely distorts the skin tone of my beautiful Sith Pureblood. They are usually switched off.

However, I would be absolutely thrilled if there was a light side effect such as a glowing white or light blue aura surrounding your character. I would even purchase this if it were for sale on the cartel market.

Edited by kimdante

Yep this post is better suited for the suggestion area.

I'm not a big fan of the dark side visual option, if makes my character appear old and tired looking. And it completely distorts the skin tone of my beautiful Sith Pureblood. They are usually switched off.

However, I would be absolutely thrilled if there was a light side effect such as a glowing white or light blue aura surrounding your character. I would even purchase this if it were for sale on the cartel market.

I think our characters are glowing enough as it is in combat. You can barely see the characters anymore.

I think our characters are glowing enough as it is in combat. You can barely see the characters anymore.

I'm too busy watching my cooldowns and procs to notice my character during combat. :D

However, having a light side aura would be great whilst hanging out around fleet, taking vanity screenshots of my characters, and RPing.

Edited by kimdante

I'm too busy watching my cooldowns and procs to notice my character during combat. :D

However, having a light side aura would be great whilst hanging out around fleet, taking vanity screenshots of my characters, and RPing.

You mean like Obi Wan and Yodas ( when they were alive, not the blue glowy dead thing ) ya i don't remember that either. Its never a good idea to water your liquer down, its made that way for a reason.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.