The enforcer (and other cm ships) need component customization

Tenacity

I love strike fighters, and I wanted the enforcer for an aesthetic change for my scoundrel (I fly the star guard on my consular and commando). So, I dumped 1800 cartel coins - almost 20$ worth - on the ship.

That's when i find out that none of the components you can swap cause any change in the appearance of the model, like they do with all of the non cartel market ships. What the frak is this? Why do I get a lower quality product after spending a huge amount of money in your cash shop for it?

Get your backsides moving bioware, the enforcer and it's equivalents for the various ship types need to show changes to their engines, guns, etc. when components are altered.

Interestingly, I noticed on my Gladiator that it does change appearance based on Secondary Weapon choice. The style of turret nestled on each side of the cockpit changes depending on what missile you are using.

I agree it would be nice to see that change for Primary Weapons and Engine as well (those are the only components that produce a visual change for any ship.

Interestingly, I noticed on my Gladiator

That makes this even more frustrating - the imperial verison of the SAME SHIP has at least some customization, but the republic version doesnt? Not even the secondaries change anything for it.

The paint jobs on the Ocula/Skybolt suck, and all of the CM ships just don't have many options on that front.

Yea there's not even an option to change the paint job on the enforcer.

They have to look different from their counterparts on the other faction, thus the no component change.

This is not a good enough reason - the republic and imperial components look different as-is. Republic quad lasers look different from imperial quad lasers, republic engines look different from imperial engines, there's still more than enough visual difference.

Besides that, they already look almost identical anyways, to the point where if you were trying to visually distinguish friend from foe you probably wouldnt be able to at GSF's combat speed and distances. If anything, adding component visuals would help them look different from one another.

Fact is we're spending roughly 20$ for nothing more than a sub-par skinjob and a 10% requisition boost. If they arent going to fix the component visuals, or provide some other benefit to these ships, they need to drop the price to something more reasonable.

Bumping again, guess everyone's only concerned with gunships lately.

Let's be honest, cosmetics don't contribute as much to fun as gameplay does.

I still definitely think this is an issue that needs addressing, but I think it's a lower priority problem than some others. And, frankly, given the amount of effort that goes into art, it's probably a harder fix than changing CONST_SLUG_RAILGUN_DMG would be.

(Shout out to the artists. It's not easy work and they don't get enough appreciation for what they do.)

On the enforcer, it seems they could only integrate SOME of the options on Rep side?

And on the Gladiator, it has its own thing.

TZ-24 Enforcer:

Heavy Laser, Quad Laser, Ion Cannon, all draw in as Quad Laser. I think Rapid Fire does too.

Cluster and Proton do not draw in. Concussion draws in as concussion.

TZ-24 Gladiator:

All lasers have a double barreled, rounded appearance that doesn't line up with other options available to strike fighters.

Cluster and Protons look identical, but don't appear on the wing as you would expect- they instead appear as a double turret under the cockpit. Concussion missiles change the look of this turret from a single barreled rounded guy to two double barreled angular dudes.

So it looks like both the Gladiator and Enforcer have one (faction specific) Big Wing Gun, and then the Republic side has only one secondary weapon type (on the Big Wing), whilst the Emperial side one has two turrets under the cockpit to launch the missiles, of which only two are drawn.

I'm kind of ok with the big wing gun staying the same, but they should at least have all three missile types draw in and not copy art from one to the other.

For what it is worth, I'm a fan of the Gladiator/Enforcer, and I actually like the look of the Gladiator super lots (the "beard turret" is beast IMO).

Edited by Verain

Let's be honest, cosmetics don't contribute as much to fun as gameplay does.

No, but it's a lot less ambiguous. Gunship damage is probably fine, for instance- I'd like to see slug down a bit, and some attention payed to the ion debuff, but others here seriously think slug should hit for less than 1000. When I brought that up as an example of something that would make the class unplayable, someone disagreed! LOL!

Meanwhile, no one is going to be like "I guess it's fine if there is missing art, that's probably intended".

On the enforcer, it seems they could only integrate SOME of the options on Rep side?

And on the Gladiator, it has its own thing.

TZ-24 Enforcer:

Heavy Laser, Quad Laser, Ion Cannon, all draw in as Quad Laser. I think Rapid Fire does too.

Cluster and Proton do not draw in. Concussion draws in as concussion.

TZ-24 Gladiator:

All lasers have a double barreled, rounded appearance that doesn't line up with other options available to strike fighters.

Cluster and Protons look identical, but don't appear on the wing as you would expect- they instead appear as a double turret under the cockpit. Concussion missiles change the look of this turret from a single barreled rounded guy to two double barreled angular dudes.

So it looks like both the Gladiator and Enforcer have one (faction specific) Big Wing Gun, and then the Republic side has only one secondary weapon type (on the Big Wing), whilst the Emperial side one has two turrets under the cockpit to launch the missiles, of which only two are drawn.

I'm kind of ok with the big wing gun staying the same, but they should at least have all three missile types draw in and not copy art from one to the other.

For what it is worth, I'm a fan of the Gladiator/Enforcer, and I actually like the look of the Gladiator super lots (the "beard turret" is beast IMO).

I'd like it if they could change that 'big gun on the end of the wing' based on your primary. If your enforcer is using quads, why not render on the quad style cannons that the republic has for it's strike fighters? Two cannons, one on top of the wing and one on bottom. A smaller barrel for a rapid fire cannon, the current variant for heavy lasers, and something more techy looking for ion.

Same deal with missiles, they should put the launchers rendered mid-wing.

Engines should be even easier, as your'e just changing what the exhaust port looks like.

No, but it's a lot less ambiguous. Gunship damage is probably fine, for instance- I'd like to see slug down a bit, and some attention payed to the ion debuff, but others here seriously think slug should hit for less than 1000. When I brought that up as an example of something that would make the class unplayable, someone disagreed! LOL!

I'm like 90% sure that was me. I'm never sure if you're trolling or not when you talk about gunships.

If you notice on say Balmorra, you can find this ship parked on the ground, or flying through the air every so often.

I am a fan of customization changing the looks, but

Could this just be a case of

A: making sure this ship looks exactly like the ones previously encountered in the ground game, and

B: Making it so that the enemy cannot readily identify your loadout options VIA the view on the targeting screen?

This could be completely intentional, and when you think about it, it does make sense from those points of view, if that was the intention.

This is all pure speculation on my part of course.

I'm like 90% sure that was me. I'm never sure if you're trolling or not when you talk about gunships.

If you think a full charge slug railgun should hit for 1000 or less, you are raging with ship class hatred and just want gunships deleted. Such a change would destroy the class and make it worthless.

I don't recall who said that though, just that it was one more example of someone being wildly ludicrous on the forums.

A: making sure this ship looks exactly like the ones previously encountered in the ground game, and

B: Making it so that the enemy cannot readily identify your loadout options VIA the view on the targeting screen?

It looks like it WANTS to be customized, it just can't make it happen. Also note that the R and E ships DO have different components- they just don't change versus that, so it can't be just identical stuff.

The second thing... that's messed up and lame, so I don't buy it. I can believe artists without enough schedule, I can't believe someone was like "if you pick the concussion on Republic side that should be visible, but it shouldn't be obvious whether someone chose concussion or proton, only the fact that they didn't take concussion" and everyone is like "of course, totes".

If you think a full charge slug railgun should hit for 1000 or less, you are raging with ship class hatred and just want gunships deleted. Such a change would destroy the class and make it worthless.

I have on multiple occasions presented justification in the form of both math and literally textbook reasoning why gunships are poorly designed and should be reworked. When you claimed charged slugs should not hit for under a grand, you gave no reasoning beyond "all y'all's mad cos bad" (paraphrased, of course).

But this isn't the place for that discussion, so I'll stop.

This could be completely intentional, and when you think about it, it does make sense from those points of view, if that was the intention.

This is all pure speculation on my part of course.

I would honestly want to encourage that if I were BioWare, because recognizing and reacting to visual cues is an important part of skill. It's just like the difference between using an engine ability to break a lock before the missile is launched verses after.

It looks like it WANTS to be customized, it just can't make it happen.

An interesting observation. It could be that there's a bug in the modeling somewhere. I wonder if there'd be some way to tell (from datamining or etc) if the models are supposed to change (i.e. the function calls and whatnot are implemented in some form) and are simply failing to do so? If that's the case, we may have a miracle update at some point in the future that fixes everything all of a sudden.

Still think the lack of paint jobs is a big issue, though.

Anyone know if this is an issue for the new cartel market bombers as well? I'm not paying to unlock them without knowing ahead of time.

The Republic and Empire cartel drone carriers look quite different from each other... and I've not seen any components change the appearance.

Some ships have it, others do not, it seems.

/agree

Also, why is it that the "order" of ships isn't uniform throughout each toon? Example 1st Toon from Top to bottom: Strike, Scout, Gun, Bomber. 2nd Toon: Strike, Bomber, Scout, Gun.

It is a bit confusing.

One more thing when purchased/unlocked multiple laser gun colors that are not in the initial list, they disappear but are unlocked anyways?

So yeah, I'm really scratching my head on how jumbled the GSF menu is right now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.