Playing for a year can't decide class!

lukeskyscreen

So yes your probably thinking " Oh another one

of THOSE threads " and your probably right so lets get it over with :p I've been playing SWTOR for about a year now and I've played every class , every advanced except Guardian ( But i have played the mirror jugg) and i got them all to 15 most level 20. In the end I'll probably have three classes a Tank, a DPS, and a Healer and there's already two problems. Which do i do first? and Which three do i do? I like burst healing and ill PVE and PVP but but main priority will be PVP i want to feel important to my team when i heal i want to heal everyone and keep them alive without having to die a lot. My tanks are a Vanguard and a Jugg my Vanguard level 26 ( Sadly he's my highest level ( Ive played that many chars) The jugg i don't like the feel i just started it and its only 12 but i enjoy having a burst move, i don't enjoy the rage either so i think ill go vanguard there. My healers I don't even know :o. I have an Operative, Sage and Merc id like to do a commando instead but i don't want to level it up to my merc ( 16 ) I like all the healing but i don't enjoy sage as much as the others. And then theres DPS and i have about everything there i want to destroy there and not be too squishy i wouldn't mind rage/focus here but tanking is annoying with them. So yah. can anyone help me? :p All i really need is Advice but ill take whatever :)

Edited by lukeskyscreen

Given that it's taken you this long to get them to lvl 15-20, you might actually be better off not worrying about what's "best" and just playing whatever you have fun with until another Double XP event comes around and then level them ALL up.

I have 6 level 55's (Sage, Scoundrel, Sentinel, Sorc, Merc and Mara). Granted I don't do PVP stuff or raids, I play them the way I feel they are fun.

I mean. Shocking the living daylights out of everyone with all kinds of Force Lightning is awesome on my Sorc. But I find flinging pebbles and debris at mobs with my Sage dreadfully boring... So my Sorc is dps spec, while my Sage goes all golden glowy with her healing spells.

Same goes for my other classes. Scoundrel and my 42 Operative it's all about sneaking around, backstabbing/blasting stuff and being a healer at heart myself. Keep myself and fellow party members up and running.

Once you discover a class that you will find fun to play. It's easier to stick with it :) At least, that goes for me :)

Just play each one for a bit until you fancy a change. That's what I do.

The only downsides are that I occasionally completely how to forget how to play a particular class for a few minutes if I haven't done so for a while (but it usually comes back pretty quick), and that sometimes I find I have no idea what is going on in my class story.

But I still prefer playing this way to how I originally did. I played my first class right through to the end (or what was at that time the end, there was no Makeb back then), and by that time I was sick of it, felt burned out and bored, and dropped out of the game entirely for about a year.

Edited by PLynkes

Just pick one and play.

There is no other advice. If you don't know what you like, nobody else knows.

Just pick one (no matter wich one) and play! If you played the class to the highest level you can decide to play another...

Edited by discbox

So yes your probably thinking " Oh another on of THOSE threads " and your probably right so lets get it over with :p I've been playing SWTOR for about a year now and I've played every class , every advanced except Guardian ( But i have played the mirror jugg) and i got them all to 15 most level 20. In the end I'll probably have three classes a Tank, a DPS, and a Healer and there's already two problems. Which do i do first? and Which three do i do? I like burst healing and ill PVE and PVP but but main priority will be PVP i want to feel important to my team when i heal i want to heal everyone and keep them alive without having to die a lot. My tanks are a Vanguard and a Jugg my Vanguard level 26 ( Sadly he's my highest level ( Ive played that many chars) The jugg i don't like the feel i just started it and its only 12 but i enjoy having a burst move, i don't enjoy the rage either so i think ill go vanguard there. My healers I don't even know :o. I have an Operative, Sage and Merc id like to do a commando instead but i don't want to level it up to my merc ( 16 ) I like all the healing but i don't enjoy sage as much as the others. And then theres DPS and i have about everything there i want to destroy there and not be too squishy i wouldn't mind rage/focus here but tanking is annoying with them. So yah. can anyone help me? :p All i really need is Advice but ill take whatever :)

Way too much text, but basically just pick one, play it through to the end of chapter3, then pick one from the opposing faction (so you are not repeating world arcs or Heroics), and repeat until you go through all the stories.

Given that it's taken you this long to get them to lvl 15-20, you might actually be better off not worrying about what's "best" and just playing whatever you have fun with until another Double XP event comes around and then level them ALL up.

Well I've played about 15-20 characters :p :3