Bounty Hunter, a few questions

Krispyo

1. Mercenary or powertech, is there a different playstyle? In your opinion which class do you prefer and why?

2. Which class is more foregiving to new players, or both?

3. I have a power crystal and endurance 41+ lv 10 crystal, which one should i use, for each class. If I went powertech I would be tnaking flash points a lot to level 55. If I was merc I would probably heal, to get into flashpoints. I love flash points.

4. In pvp, i know its skill, but is either powertech or mercenary easier in pvp? Which one is more useful for the team?

5. What crew skills should I use while leveling, and end game?

Edited by Krispyo

1. Mercenary or powertech, is there a different playstyle? In your opinion which class do you prefer and why?

3. I have a power crystal and endurance 41+ lv 10 crystal, which one should i use, for each class. If I went powertech I would be tnaking flash points a lot to level 55. If I was merc I would probably heal, to get into flashpoints. I love flash points.

4. In pvp, i know its skill, but is either powertech or mercenary easier in pvp? Which one is more useful for the team?

1. merc imo. PTs r more of the close combat type for BH while mercs are the ranged/healers.

2. merc. PT has the choice of dps or tanking and tanking is a steep learning curve.

3. Dps/heal

4. dont really know this since i dont do pvp

5. depends on wat u want to do. do u want armstech to make ur own weaps or do u want armormech to make ur own armor

1) Merc is a ranged class, you get self heals, a AoE knockback, and some cool abilities like electro net.

2) Bh in general are fairly easy class to learn to play. The self heals for the merc make it easier for solo play.

3) If you go merc use the power crystal, if you go PT for tank, endurance.

4) This falls back to player preference, both advanced classes have their ups and down in pvp. PT Pyro is pretty fun, but Pt's lack self heals and that can be bad in pvp. Mercs on the other hand if played properly can be very good. Self heals, electro net, AoE knockback. Personally i play a arsenal merc and love it. Mercs do need a handful of buffs from the devs. But assuming your not being focused out, you can rain down terror in pvp as dps.

5. Well armormech is nice for making augmentation kits which can save and make you credits down the road. I believe its cybertech that allows you to make a variety of usable grenades in pvp.

Hope this helps and good hunting.

1. Powertech is more or less a melee class. You have to be up close to do anything useful. Mercenary is a ranged class, and is designed to play from 30 metres back.

2. Mercenary

3. Endurance if you're tanking, power in all other cases.

4. Powertech is better in PVP, for sure. Mercenary takes a higher skill level in war zones.

5. Biochem, Bio analysis, and diplomacy.

I have both PT and Merc, and my merc is by far the most fun for me to play. She has a stun, a slow, an aerial AOE attack, rockets, she can heal, she can knock foes back if they cramp her style, she has a bubble shield... she has TWO COOL BLASTERS! she ROCKS!

My PT is specced as a Tank, which is a responsible role for a new player and i would therefore get used to the game on a non-tank/heal class first to take the pressure off. A merc I think is perfect to start (much like the hunter in WoW). Also, your first companion Mako is a healer so keep her gear up to date too and you should be fine for levelling.

I would equip the power crystal as power raises your overall damage output, if you decided to go for the tank option (or more close combat dps spec of PT) then use endurance for extra health.

I find my merc easier to play in PVP as she hits from a distance, although my tank is harder to kill, eventually they burn you down, but my merc slips in, takes em out and rushes onto the next one!

My personal selection is Cybertech/Scavenging and Underworld trading. This is a purely personal choice though, depending on what you fancy making!

Hope this helps!