Videos of Outbreak Response weapons from THORN

Iwipe

Hey everyone, I figured some of you may want to hear the sound and see the animations of these Outbreak Response weapons before buying them today (requires Hero standing) so I have compiled a number of videos showing their sound/animation.

Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=SPZ2ntiwVMOhLI8CwiYsvM49LG-osVeybh

Assault Cannon:

Blaster Pistol:

Blaster Rifle:

Sniper Rifle:

Saberstaff:

Lightsaber:

If you are ever curious about the sound employed by the various weapons, Exile at Tor-fashion have compiled a great list of all the weapons and their sound effects.

I'm pretty dissapointed in these...

Not only do they have a horrid colour (which, unlike armour, you cannot change) but they also have pretty dull sounds :(

Oh well, there will be more stuff :)

Agreed.

Kinda ironic in a way, since the THORN dudes you see for the most part, at least on the surface, walk around with rifles and guns that actually resemble the armor they're wearing, namely the one you can pick when you reach Newcomer status I think.

Instead of having access to both flavors, since you get to choose from two armor sets, depending on your rep, you're stuck with the UGLIEST of the color patters.

I'm pretty dissapointed in these...

Not only do they have a horrid colour (which, unlike armour, you cannot change) but they also have pretty dull sounds :(

Oh well, there will be more stuff :)

I think they're all CM reskins also (or at least the sniper rifle is).

Super disappointing.

And the winner is the Sniper Rifle. The sounds were meh, but the look of that thing does a lot for it.

The blaster rifle looks great but the sound is disappointing. It won't matter much on my tank though.

The big loser are the blasters.... they don't hold a candle to those six shooter looking ones recently released in sound or look. The Bounty Event blasters are also much better IMO.

I like the saberstaff, no special effects or unique sounds, but it stands out. The lightsaber... meh. I'll stick a couple of Tythonians.

The autocannon doesn't get a mention. It can't compete with the Kyber.

Super disappointing.

The sniper rifle is not a reskin.

It looks similar to the rifles from the bounty hunter packs, but it's a different skin. The rep rifle is much bigger.

In fact, it's the biggest and longest sniper rifle currently ingame.

It would be a great weapon, but that color and sound... :(

Edited by Sindariel

Super disappointing.

They are not reskins.

They are feakish frankenstein-ish amalgamations of different weapons. Barrels from one weapon, body from another, sights from a third and so on.

And most of it is from non-cm weapns.

I'm actually pretty sure that people would be really happy if they WERE reskinned CM weapons since it would have given the anti-CM people (like you) a chance to earn said weapons in-game.

I'm pretty sure you would have complained anyway tho... since you did just now when you thought they were reskinned CM weapons.

More than the green skin, the sound and effect of these weapons are really disappointing, nothing special.

If you want something cool, playing the game is not the route to take but head to the Cartel Market.

I disagree with that. Previous events have had some pretty darned cool items.

It just happens that his event doesn't.

Just like some cartel packs.

Can't please everyone.

Yay! Same poor blaster sound as always...

Whats wrong with the guy who is responsible for weapon sounds!?

There are better blaster sounds in game - use them! Why use 99% of all blaster weapons in this game the same 3 (lame) sounds? Blasterfire that doesn't sound like a blaster. Sound that don't fit to what we know as Star Wars.

Eric would you please ask them!? Why? Take a look at Dulfy's site, similarities:

http://tor-fashion.com/blaster-pistols-similar-sounding/

Look how many blaster use "BPSS09". This is ridiculous!

What's wrong there in your audio department!?

Edited by discbox