The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Crafting Cartel Items

Ok, thanks to the cartel market, a lot of the fun of crafting is being sucked out of the game. So I think they need to make a way to impliment the cartel market into the crafting system so that crafters can have some fun too.

How to do this?

First, they need to make cartel item schematics. I don't know how they'd want to implement them. Maybe have random schematic packs or have them come in packs or maybe even just let crafters RE cartel stuff for like a 5% chance to learn the schematic or something. How they implement the schematics though is irrelevant to my point.

Secondly, they need to establish new types of mats to be used in cartel schematics. These mats would only be obtainable on the cartel market (or through means resulting from the cartel market.) In addition, the schematics would only require one special cartel market material, not a bunch of different ones. So it would mainly require normal mats plus the rare cartel mat(s). Now, how these mats are aquired would also be up for debate. Maybe make them purchaseable directly or make them come in packs. Or maybe instead of directly buying mats, you buy special missions that send you on a miniquest to earn the mat in the world. (Like it would say "Go to tatooine and spawn this champion creature to get this mat" or something.)

Pricing. The mats would have to be priced in such a way that they would amount to being equal or of more value than the crafted items themselves. So basically, crafters could buy the mats if they wanted and craft an item of equal or lesser value. That would increase the value of the cartel mats themselves. It would also make them valuable to non-crafters for resale on the GTN. (Basically the idea here is that crafters wouldn't spend the money on the cartel mats specifically. Instead, the cartel market profits would come from non-crafters buying them and reselling them.)

I think this would work for pretty much all professions. Gear crafters, weapon crafters, crystal crafters even speeder crafters could all get in on this. And they can even make multiple different cartel mats for different items or variations of the same items to spread the potential profits.

you own a company that makes most of it's revenue from selling items in it's cash shop, of which a lot are reclours and reskins of previous models.

Are you going to give players the ability to bypass your cash shop and make those items themselves?

Edited by DarkMontie

Ok, thanks to the cartel market, a lot of the fun of crafting is being sucked out of the game. So I think they need to make a way to impliment the cartel market into the crafting system so that crafters can have some fun too.

How to do this?

First, they need to make cartel item schematics. I don't know how they'd want to implement them. Maybe have random schematic packs or have them come in packs or maybe even just let crafters RE cartel stuff for like a 5% chance to learn the schematic or something. How they implement the schematics though is irrelevant to my point.

Secondly, they need to establish new types of mats to be used in cartel schematics. These mats would only be obtainable on the cartel market (or through means resulting from the cartel market.) In addition, the schematics would only require one special cartel market material, not a bunch of different ones. So it would mainly require normal mats plus the rare cartel mat(s). Now, how these mats are aquired would also be up for debate. Maybe make them purchaseable directly or make them come in packs. Or maybe instead of directly buying mats, you buy special missions that send you on a miniquest to earn the mat in the world. (Like it would say "Go to tatooine and spawn this champion creature to get this mat" or something.)

Pricing. The mats would have to be priced in such a way that they would amount to being equal or of more value than the crafted items themselves. So basically, crafters could buy the mats if they wanted and craft an item of equal or lesser value. That would increase the value of the cartel mats themselves. It would also make them valuable to non-crafters for resale on the GTN. (Basically the idea here is that crafters wouldn't spend the money on the cartel mats specifically. Instead, the cartel market profits would come from non-crafters buying them and reselling them.)

I think this would work for pretty much all professions. Gear crafters, weapon crafters, crystal crafters even speeder crafters could all get in on this. And they can even make multiple different cartel mats for different items or variations of the same items to spread the potential profits.

The cartel market has literally nothing to do with crafting, and by making these changes, people would feel angry that rather than creating new crafting content, the developers only make cartel crafting content. Sound familiar? It's the way many players feel about the cartel market and GSF already.

Hello out there,

The idea to make actually something for the crafters is brillant .

Crafting Packs with schematics and mats.Less RNG please.i would love to know what am i buying.

I want to be able to craft my own endgame stuff myself ,make it BOP, just do. it.

you own a company that makes most of it's revenue from selling items in it's cash shop, of which a lot are reclours and reskins of previous models.

Are you going to give players the ability to bypass your cash shop and make those items themselves?

No they wouldn't. Hence my post. Read it please. If you don't want to read it, don't assume to understand what I'm talking about and ignorantly make a post. :)

If you still don't want to read it, let me make some brief points:

-New schematics from the cartel market that people would buy. How they implement them could even increase BW's profits.

-New mats that can only be obtained on the cartel market that are equal or more valuable than the items they are used to craft. That makes them valuable in credits and even non-crafters would spend real money on them just to resell on the GTN for credits. Thus adding another popular item on the cartel market for BW to profit off of.

-Low reverse engineering learn rate would make people buy the same items multiple times just so they can potentially learn the schematic. So a speeder someone buys once and is done with it could potentially be bought by that same person 3, 4 5 times in hopes of learning the schematic.

-People will buy items they themselves may not have a necessary interest in. But for the sake of learning, crafting and selling them it makes items someone might not even want desirable purchases if there is a buying market for them.

The cartel market has literally nothing to do with crafting, and by making these changes, people would feel angry that rather than creating new crafting content, the developers only make cartel crafting content. Sound familiar? It's the way many players feel about the cartel market and GSF already.

I would agree with you except for the fact that they have only ever once made new crafting content and that's when they introduced dye modules into the game And for that matter, most dye modules worth anything are from the cartel market anyway. So I really don't see what difference it would make.

I'm not considering new tiers of craftable mods to be new crafting content because they are already in the game. They just give us the ability to suddenly learn schematics from them. (Like when they let us start crafting 72 gear and hopefully soon 78 gear.) That stuff would still be normally crafted without requiring cartel mats.

But things you get from the cartel market you should be able to craft with the requirement of cartel market specific materials.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

Hello out there,

The idea to make actually something for the crafters is brillant .

Crafting Packs with schematics and mats.Less RNG please.i would love to know what am i buying.

I want to be able to craft my own endgame stuff myself ,make it BOP, just do. it.

They should just make more stuff for crafters. Since people have more health now than they did at the start of 2.0, biochem could get better medpacks, maybe they could let the other crafters craft some better gear, etc.