The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

curious if anyone else does this - dropping stacks on DP Dread Masters Bestia

(Vanguard tank) Tanking Bestia during phase 1 of the Dread Masters fight, I am able to pretty consistently drop the stacks and avoid the tank swap. She starts to use the stack-granting ability when there are ~4s left on the debuff, and it appears to only have a range of 4-5m. Using Hold the Line at about the 6s mark I can kite her until the stacks fall off, avoiding the swap.

Does anyone else do this, with a Vanguard or any other tank? My shadow cotank first discovered this strategy when using Force Speed, but found it harder to do reproducibly.

Ive done it a couple of times on my Jugg with Enraged Defence and then she just jump on a random raidmember then taunt back after 4 sec.

But since tankchange is no issue and it makes u accually do something during that fight as a tank we dont do it on regular basis.

We discovered this in the second week the content came out when there were no guides written yet and we tried out different strategies to deal with the mechanics. Unfortunately, our Vanguard tank was not able to lose his stacks every time and was kicked too often off the platform, so we settled for doing tank swaps instead since that seems closer to the way the developers intend players to do the fight.

Nevertheless, this is just another tactic that may become viable in nightmare mode, so we keep it in mind for the future. :)

Edited by Jerba

i have tested it on my Vanguard and i was able to do it consistently, however when our main Vanguard tank tried it, it was not consistent enough to use it as a proper mechanics.

All due to possible KICK and if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time while trying to reset those stacks - you end up dead. Doing tank swap is just much much more predictable.

How i was testing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47FvpF717U8

Edited by Macio

My shadow cotank first discovered this strategy when using Force Speed, but found it harder to do reproducibly.

If you move too far away from Bestia she/he will jump and might apply new stack. With Hold The Line your speed increase is small enough so Bestia can't jump on your but quick enough too stay away from her skill range. I think any other tank would have issues doing it.