The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question RE f2p Premium character slots

Menolley

I may need to revert to f2p for a while. I understand that as premium player (having subscribed for several years) I will have 6 character slots. I have also purchased and am using 10 character slot unlocks. Having bought and payed for those with unlocks, will I be able to have access to those as f2p Premium?

Also, I have the 'friends of swtor reward' speeder for referring another person who subscribed to the game. Will I keep that speeder and will it keep it's automatic speeder piloting 3 status?

Edited to add: Also, I received subscriber free unlock of Cathar. Both my troopers are Cathar. Will I have to pay to unlock Cathar in order to be able to play them?

Edited by Menolley
Edited to add another question

When you go to premium, you will be able to activate 16 characters per server (the 6 for premium + 10 unlocks you purchased). What happens is that all your characters on a server go inactive, and then you can activate 16 of them. Once a character is activated there is no way, as a premium player, to deactivate it so you can activate someone else, short of deleting the character.

I have no idea about the speeder, since I'm not sure how it works now. My guess would be that it would continue working the way you're used to, although you might need to get an artifact unlock to use it. Someone else may be able to give you a more definitive answer.

As long as you activate your two troopers, you'll be able to play them just fine. I don't know if you'll be able to create any new cathar characters, but your old ones will be playable.