can Damage Reduction go below 0%?

Sadishist

Okay thanks. That brings the importance of those perks down.

I don't think it does honestly. The only targets with 0 DR are scouts (scouts CAN have DR, but never do). Every gunship, strike fighter, and turret will get hit harder with those weapons. And DR can be REALLY HIGH too. It's IMO a necessity for a scout, because otherwise you can end up against targets that are mostly immune to you, and you can't switch out for something that ignores it.

I don't think it does honestly. The only targets with 0 DR are scouts (scouts CAN have DR, but never do). Every gunship, strike fighter, and turret will get hit harder with those weapons. And DR can be REALLY HIGH too. It's IMO a necessity for a scout, because otherwise you can end up against targets that are mostly immune to you, and you can't switch out for something that ignores it.

Yeah armor piercing weapons are a must-have to take down turrets. Strikers and gunships have a base DR of 5%, but turrets have really high DR.

Yea, it's like 50% or something.

Versus a strike or a gunship it's like 5.2% extra damage just to hull- not a great talent point, but hey, it's definitely there.

The big things that bring this choice are:

Burst Laser Cannon- It's 100% armor ignore or 9% (soon 8%) shield piercing. I actually run the shield pierce on my gunship, but the Flashfire really shouldn't mess with that. The reason I run it on the gunship is that I will sometimes have a person tightly turning around me who has essentially no hull and plenty of shields, and I only get the rare shot at them- but also because the Quarrel is more than capable of ignoring armor with the slug.

Heavy Laser- The choice is 3% hit and -5% tracking penalty, versus the armor ignore. This one is a lot harder, because the tracking penalty is almost always invoked with heavy lasers, and it adds up fast. Still, I'm pretty sure most heavy laser users run the armor ignore, especially if they are Starguards.

Rapid Fire, Quad, Laser, Light Laser, Ion- These don't have the ability.

Yea, it's like 50% or something.

I don't think that's as much as that... My concussion missiles don't have the armor ignore perk yet, and both my concussion missiles and my proton torpedoes nearly OS a turret. Each time I had to add a blaster shot to finish the work... Now that my concussion has +5 % damage, I don't think I need to shot anymore.

Considering the first is 1068 and the other one 750 (and completely ignore armor) the armor of a turret is something like 30%.

Edited by Altheran