Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Seriously, a Black-Green crystal again???

OfaraAerno

You must be a mind reader bro, my bad. Actually, a lot of people want new things and change. Not to release the same crystal again.

I've seen plenty of posts asking for them to re-release the crystal since the first event ended, and I have seen exactly one, yours, saying make a new one.

I will also point out how you are glossing over the new things they did release with this event.

Why would you release a crystal that was already released? Why not release something unique and new? That way people who do this even a lot, get a new rare crystal that no one else has! Lazy stuff in my opinion, Bioware.

I didn't play when event was on Tatooine. Now I actually get a chance to get that crystal for my characters.

Edited by Halinalle

I've seen plenty of posts asking for them to re-release the crystal since the first event ended, and I have seen exactly one, yours, saying make a new one.

I will also point out how you are glossing over the new things they did release with this event.

That's fine, I'm just expressing my opinion. I'm not talking about the other things they released, if you haven't noticed.

I didn't play when event was on Tatooine. Now I actually get a chance to get that crystal for my characters.

Yeah that makes sense, I just think they should have released a new crystal with it. But like I said earlier, maybe they will when the event continues, my opinion.

Heh. I love the Black-Green crystal. It is the best looking of the black cores. I got a couple last time and guess what? I will get a few more this time.

So... why all the whining? You don't have to buy one you know. That Rifle and Sniper Rifle look pretty wicked.

Heh. I love the Black-Green crystal. It is the best looking of the black cores. I got a couple last time and guess what? I will get a few more this time.

So... why all the whining? You don't have to buy one you know. That Rifle and Sniper Rifle look pretty wicked.

I'm excited for the mounts and pets myself.

I totally agree that the Black-Green one is the best looking out of the black cores. I wanted to see something new.

I totally agree that the Black-Green one is the best looking out of the black cores. I wanted to see something new.

I think a green-black would look pretty good, hopefully when the event re-releases and hopefully they aren't basically free like these ones.

I'm not spreading false information - the story, rewards and set up is based on the original Tatooine rak event and from what the guys on Hater and Dulfy have found it could be on Tatooine again the next go-round

Lithy was right, it is a completely different event. It's not at all like this one. For one, the original event, which I played as well, had people contaminating each other on fleet with the plague. There was also a neat scavenger hunt, where you had to find all the pieces of a crashed ship. The more interesting parts took place on Tatooine, there was nothing sub terrainian involving tunnels and caves, it was all above ground on the planet. Alderaan wasn't even involved. The jawa vendor was also in a nice stationary part where you could actually look at things, not like the nuisance one in this event, that moves, every time you try to see what you need. It's annoying.

This event is set up to be like another Gree, Bounty Hunter rep/faction event, and tbh, the format is getting a bit old and tiresome. I would have much rather have had back the original event, as it was...

Maybe if they put the event on Tattoine, we'll have the original one back, who knows. I can only hope.

Edited by Lunafox

Actually, I don't think they were the same color, but my color vision is not the best ;)

I have both the old rakghoul black-green crystal, and the razer crystal, but they don't look quite the same to me.

FYI They are NOT the same color. The Razer crystal is a different shade of green. This was done on purpose because the Razer was a promotional tie-in guaranteed to be unique. This topic came up on the boards during the first event and there was an official post that they were indeed different colors

Dulfy.net has pictures of all the crystals. You can see the difference.

http://dulfy.net/2012/05/07/endgame-color-crystals-post-1-2-and-how-to-obtain-them/

Edited by Owsley

That's fine, I'm just expressing my opinion. I'm not talking about the other things they released, if you haven't noticed.

You'd probably get more support for your opinions if you didn't use a hyperbolic thread title and then decry the decision as lazy, while failing to mention all the new things that were added. The OP probably would also be off putting for those looking for a second chance, or a first chance for newer players, for that crystal.

How you say things has a big impact on the response you get in forums. Past your OP you seem reasonable, but you make a poor first impression.

I wish they didn't do the Black-Green crystal again. It's now a permanent item. The Black-Green crystal is now longer unique which sucks.

Thanks EA.

I wouldn't mind if it was expensive, like 30-40 canisters minimum, but 4 with no rep requirement? Come on :(

Edited by KTap

At what point do they "Jump the Shark"?

There are very few to no items left that afford players flair or distinction outside of the CM.

Bioware/EA have it wrong....once again...and the trend doesnt bode well

*golf clap* - well done bioware, well done.

You'd probably get more support for your opinions if you didn't use a hyperbolic thread title and then decry the decision as lazy, while failing to mention all the new things that were added. The OP probably would also be off putting for those looking for a second chance, or a first chance for newer players, for that crystal.

How you say things has a big impact on the response you get in forums. Past your OP you seem reasonable, but you make a poor first impression.

Everything you just typed was a complete waste. I do not care about "correct" ways to make a thread. I wanted to see what others have to say about it. Thanks for the useless advice though.

Very interesting. Reminds me of another thread started by someone decrying the fact that he hadn't been able to obtain one unique item and so he wanted it available on the CM, yet he had another thread saying "too bad, so sad" for those who had missed out on other rarities.

The items don't need to change with every single iteration of an event. Yes, it would be great to collect more and more rare items, but I'm not going to be upset when someone else is able to obtain the Gree sabers, rifles, blasters, and armor that I have access to now, or scream because a few more Red Spheres show up on Fleet after the next event.

It's selfish to expect events to cater only to those who got to experience them the first time and leave no chance at items for those who didn't. Most disingenuous is the fact that as others said, the OP completely ignored the new items that have been added.

Why would you release a crystal that was already released? Why not release something unique and new? That way people who do this even a lot, get a new rare crystal that no one else has! Lazy stuff in my opinion, Bioware.

Duh! Because I didn't get one the last time they had this event up and running and I wanted one. 'Nuff said.:p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.