Which advanced classes would you pick for solo pve?

psheets

I am curious what advanced classes are considered the stronger options for just experiencing the story and soloing your way through the game. Some are obvious like Guardian/Juggernaut over Sentinel/Marauder but the rest seem a bit less clear.

For solo, a tank character makes it easier, albeit slower. I have a tank vanguard, but I get bored with his paltry dps fairly quickly. So personally, I like my sentinel + healer companion or TK sage + tank companion. Not as easy to solo harder stuff, but much faster in general. With my sage, I have the ability to field respec, so I can change from dps to heals on the fly when I want to do heroics - use my tank companion and slowly work through it. Edited by teclado

Solo pve?

healer. defiantly healer. yup tanks are great and with healer pet can do most missions but as healer with good tank combo (let's say sorcerer + Khem) you can do some H4 solo with proper CCs and such just need to activate\deavtivate the pet AOEs so he won't break CC and make him attack any mob which target you.

I re-leveled my sorcerer to 55 when I was last subb'd and with crappy green items i got on GTN for khem leveling was piece of a cake.

Also if you go Scoundrel\Operative you get heals\unlimited energy\stealth at same time.

I lvl'd a Guardian, Sage, and am now lvling a Vanguard and the tanks were easier. The Vanguard thus far is fun for me because I do have the option for both ranged and melee dps, With Elara as my comp I solo champions with no real issues. Only real issue is the Def CD's aren't as good as the Guardian.

Operative (perma-CC anything that isn't a silver while beating it to a pulp)

Assassin (Your rotaiton is basically done by level 32)

Marauder (You don't get all of your stuff until the late 40s, but you're a monster endgame.)

Sniper (You're the god of ranged DPS and can spam frag grenade through the early levels.)

I have tried Sentinels a few times and was really disappointed with their solo ability, surprised to see them on anyone's list.

Annihilation is really good for soloing/leveling, Like I said, as opposed to the others on that list, it's not as good, but endgame it's a monster if you know how to play it and don't just derpsmash.