The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2.6 changes

inderraj

It's a PvP nerf, to prevent the most OP/broken spec since Conc 1.1. As for PvE, I'm sure they'll announce some more class changes.

What exactly was it breaking? Because for 4v4 ranked arenas it's completly NOT viable and that is the ultimate test of specs in my oppinion.

We are not OP in any sense of the word in PVP, most VG damage done is on par with others if not below in warzones, however on PVE the Vanguard DPS is a useless class. We don't have a armor debuff, our damage (sucks now too) will suck further after the hybrid nerf, we bring nothing usefully to the raid especially when it comes to progression runs. BW and EA dont even play this game I think, because nothing they do makes sense, they are buffing the operatives for PVE which is going to make them stupendously horrid to face in PVP arenas again. Its either nerf into the ground or make them so uber that people don't even want to play anymore.

Bring my damn assault spec back!

Honestly, I think full Tactics is in a fine place as it is for PVE damage. Assault could use some tweaking, I'll agree with that.

Assault performs better than tactics in single target damage. Which is justified given tactics aoe potential. But still both specs need about 100-200 dps increase in single target damage for end game pve. My suggestions were to reverse the nerf to guts damage since it can't be used in conjunction with the dps hybrid anymore. And either raise the damage on plasma cell at least half way back to its old value or give us a DoT damage increase for the next x number of periodic damage inflicted much like other DoT specs get high in the assault tree.