idea: selling unsused ships for fleet req.

CyberneticDucks

GSF starts you off with two ships, which you upgrade until they are either mastered or you get tired of them. sometimes you simply hate the look of it, so you never use it at all. with the bomber role and additional variants start rolling in, what do you do with the ones you don't want? my idea is to be able to sell the ship for fleet requisition equivalent to its price (it annoys me in games how you sell things for partial value) as well as gaining a very small bonus for upgrades purchased, but i do think that the starters should only be worth 1250 FR just because you get them for free. you can then use this money to buy a ship that you want to use or get a major upgrade for your favorite ship.

Each ship is worth 7750 req per week if you convert it with coins. It would be a trap to be able to sell them. You should not be able to sell them.

not everyone has coins to spare, if you want to sell a ship for something quick, easy, and cheap at the loss of a ship why not, it would be agonizingly hard to get it back without buying coins, so what is SWTOR loosing?

given those unused ships earn 750 req/day + 2500 req/week from daily/weekly GSF quests, all I can say is: selling ships for 1750FR?

IT'S A TRAP!

you only get a 500 fleet requisition boost every week from your weeklies, the rest is from matches. it's 1000/day ship req., not 750/day. as for the 2500/ week 2000 of it is in ship req. not fleet req. so unless you have some CC then you are not going to get anywhere. of course, that is not including the miniscule amount earned through matches alone. i personally don't think you can get a 5000 fleet req. ship (i NEED the comet breaker for my smuggler D'kora) in a week when human needs and limitations are put into the picture.

I guess ships are just like companions. Once you got them, you are stuck with them. You need to keep them, regardless how stupid they look or sound and regardless of how useless they are.

So I guess, we are stuck with the wookiee companion and the imperial strike fighter (which looks horrible imho).

Very nice. I don't believe in using CCs for gearing though. But good to know, regardless.

Believe it or not, but I've done it! Not like my strikes were going to use that req for anything ever anyway.

you only get a 500 fleet requisition boost every week from your weeklies, the rest is from matches. it's 1000/day ship req., not 750/day. as for the 2500/ week 2000 of it is in ship req. not fleet req. so unless you have some CC then you are not going to get anywhere. of course, that is not including the miniscule amount earned through matches alone. i personally don't think you can get a 5000 fleet req. ship (i NEED the comet breaker for my smuggler D'kora) in a week when human needs and limitations are put into the picture.

For starters, your numbers are completely wrong. For the daily quest, each ship you own gains 750 ship req, not 1000. For the weekly quest, each ship you own gains 2500 ship req, not 2000. The weekly also gives you a token for a flat 500 fleet req independent of the number of ships you own. Therefore, each ship earns ([750 * 7] + 2500 = ) 7750 requisition per week, ignoring requisition from matches.

Requisition from matches is not trivial. Each match earns you something around 600-800 ship req (and thus 60-80 fleet req) if you stay on the node (you get massive amounts of requisition for flipping a node to your side and for getting kills and assists while your ship is within 500 meters of a node). Add 500 to that each day for your daily doubles (if you choose to fly all your ships) and you're looking at a ton of requisition.

As for getting the comet breaker, 5000 fleet req is only 200 CCs. If you're not a subscriber, that's about two bucks. In practice, you don't actually need to use all 200 CCs, because you already have some fleet req lying around from matches and the weekly. Let's say I have an off week and only play enough matches to satisfy my daily, and let's say I lose each match. I'll earn something like 50 fleet req per match, plus 500 from the weekly. Since I need to play 14 matches, I've earned 1200 fleet req that week just by doing the bare minimum. My CC cost is down to 152, which is just over a buck and a half. I think I can afford to skip a two liter to unlock a sexy ship, don't you?

Edited by Armonddd