How to switch guns - Specifically Secondary Weapons

NovelBard

Okay, my memory and search / google-fu are stinking tonight.

How do I switch between secondary weapons before a battle and after. So help me I have upped the ion cannon on one character and it still defaults to slug on the gunship...and I can't change it.

Help my stupids...thanks.

Edited by NovelBard

Okay, my memory and search / google-fu are stinking tonight.

How do I switch between secondary weapons before a battle and after. So help me I have upped the ion cannon on one character and it still defaults to slug on the gunship...and I can't change it.

Help my stupids...thanks.

That's it.

In the hangar, you will notice that your selections will be listen on the left. For instance, you might see:

Light Laser Cannon

Ion Railgun

Slug Railgun

The TOP one of any two similar choices is the one that is the default when you spawn. Here's how you would change that:

Step 1: Change Ion Railgun (slot 1) to Plasma Railgun.

Step 2: Change Slug Ralgun (slot 2) to Ion Railgun.

Step 3: Change Plasma Railgun (slot 1) to Slug Railgun.

You can also try just changing it directly, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't work if the other one isn't in use. I'm assuming you have plasma unlocked, because it starts with slug in the first spot.

Or you can go to starfighter settings and bind the system ability (weapon switching for strikes/gunships, shield CD for scouts) to your mouse wheel. If your preferred main-/secondary weapon is not in your first slot, its just a little nudge on the wheel when you spawn in the match.

Two possible issues here.

1) You have a number of options to choose in your loadout in the Hangar before clicking "Launch". You can't switch once you are in the queue.

Make sure that you have selected the components for each ship that you want to use. This means clicking on them so that they have a bright outline. If you've upgraded a component high enough, it's also worth making sure it has seleceted the high-tier upgrade option you want.

2) Switching between weapons in the match.

Most ships, but not all, have either two Primary weapons or two Secondary Weapons (none have both, some have only one of each). For those with weapon switch options in-battle, the default key to swtich is "1", whether it's primary or secondary weapon you have two options in. Scouts have their non-weapon option here (Booster, Telemetry, etc.).

If you want to see what abilities are on the 1-4 buttons, or what weapons you currently have loaded, you can hold down Z and mouseover things to see a tooltip. Your ship will travel in a straight line while you have mouse pointer active, and it will jerk back to steering/targetting when you release, so be careful.

If I'm not sure which cannon is active I usually just pop a couple of shots, it's less disruptive.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Or you can go to starfighter settings and bind the system ability (weapon switching for strikes/gunships, shield CD for scouts) to your mouse wheel. If your preferred main-/secondary weapon is not in your first slot, its just a little nudge on the wheel when you spawn in the match.

smart thinker, I use that for weapon/engine pwr