Dual Saberstaffs as Cosmetic Option

AlCiao

I love dual wielding sabers as a Marauder/Sentinel... but I prefer the Juggernaut/Guardian class. I love double-bladed saberstaffs as an Assassin/Shadow... but I prefer the Sorcerer/Sage class.

I would love to see a cosmetic option allowing a Focus or Lightsaber to be "skinned" as a saberstaff or a lightsaber. And in fact, I would like an option allowing you to go completely over the top and DUAL WIELD SABERSTAFFS.

This would be a purely cosmetic option. It would have no mechanical effect. But it would be extremely cool, and I for one would shell out CC's for this as I would for very few other things. :) I wonder who agrees with me?

[ALSO, as a side question: if I have multiple suggestions, should I make multiple threads for them? I don't want to spam new threads...]

EDIT: It might not require new animations. Just use normal dual wielding animations for a quick version of it xD

Also, in response to what seems to be the most vehement protest: if allowing this cosmetic option would take away from the uniqueness of the Shadow/Assassin and Sentinel/Marauder classes, perhaps make a Legacy requirement for it? Perhaps Legacy Level 50? That would shut out the majority of players, so not everyone would be running around with them, while still making it possible to get for those that really want it.

Edited by AlCiao

One of the main allures of the Assassin and the Shadow class is the Saberstaff. Giving other classes the ability to use it would just defeat the point of this, it would be like letting the Sorcerer/Sage or the Juggernaut/Guardian use two light sabers, it ruins one of the main appeals of the Marauder/Sentinel class.

I have to side with Marrickus on this, though while a fun idea, I wouldn't want to see other classes besides Assassins or Shadows dual-wielding Double-Sabers/Staff-Sabers, it's part of their class' uniqueness! Though...in one of the Cinematic Video's for the game, Satele Shan's Master (Who seems like the Guardian Class) does happen to dual-wield both his Single Saber and Satele's Saberstaff while fighting Malgus and his Master. Malgus also does this after his Master is critically injured. While I do not like this idea, it is something that could eventually be inevitable. Edited by Vorpaledged

I have to side with Marrickus on this, though while a fun idea, I wouldn't want to see other classes besides Assassins or Shadows dual-wielding Double-Sabers/Staff-Sabers, it's part of their class' uniqueness! Though...in one of the Cinematic Video's for the game, Satele Shan's Master (Who seems like the Guardian Class) does happen to dual-wield both his Single Saber and Satele's Saberstaff while fighting Malgus and his Master. Malgus also does this after his Master is critically injured. While I do not like this idea, it is something that could eventually be inevitable.

Right. But OP has a point. This would add diversity and reality to the game. I have a feeling if Satele wished to hold a one handed saber she very well could, though she is proficient with a staff. Personally assassins with one of the largest blades in the game seems unrealistic, I figured they would use one blade. Much like a bow staff in martial arts, it is used primarily for defense and aversion rather than stealth and speed. I can see both sides of this argument however. So, Idk.

It might not require new animations. Just use normal dual wielding animations for a quick version of it xD

Also, in response to what seems to be the most vehement protest: if allowing this cosmetic option would take away from the uniqueness of the Shadow/Assassin and Sentinel/Marauder classes, perhaps make a Legacy requirement for it? Perhaps Legacy Level 50? That would shut out the majority of players, so not everyone would be running around with them, while still making it possible to get for those that really want it.

(Also, editing original post to include this.)

The protest isn't simply that it takes away from the uniqueness of the Shadows/Assassins: it's that it doesn't make any sense at all. A polearm-type weapon (especially one where both ends are deadly) is not wielded like a sword-type weapon. You can't simply replace the look by just putting double-sabers in place of regular sabers without the character constantly dismembering themselves/clipping. Try holding a broomstick in each hand, at the middle, and then let us know if you're able to do anything with them where neither end of them touches you. Edited by HeatRacer

While wielding double-doublesabers has been done and is pretty cool, it only works if you've got 4 arms:

You know, when I originally saw that, I thought he was dual wielding double sabers and had two more on his belt, but watching the video now, I realize they're actually either four sabers that connect into two doublesabers, or two folding double sabers.

You know, when I originally saw that, I thought he was dual wielding double sabers and had two more on his belt, but watching the video now, I realize they're actually either four sabers that connect into two doublesabers, or two folding double sabers.

But you're half right there, in order to dual wield doublesabers, you wouldn't technically need four arms, but you would have to be very tall, as they would hit the ground if you were human sized.

Edited by orangefishboy

But you're half right there, in order to dual wield doublesabers, you wouldn't technically need four arms, but you would have to be very tall, as they would hit the ground if you were human sized.

I might be wrong though actually, now that I look at wookieepedia, his species is supposedly the same height as humans.

I might be wrong though actually, now that I look at wookieepedia, his species is supposedly the same height as humans.

Ok, now that I look again at the page of that actual character, he's about a half meter taller than "average height", so maybe it is a height thing after all. Sorry for the spam.