Problem with Gree event Lightsaber FX

Lorrimar

I procured a gree lightsaber while the last event was going on & I have noticed a bit of a glitch with the effects on it. If you have your saber out & you loot a body or click your meditation/health/stat restoral ability (only tested with sage meditation) the saber disappears for a second like normal, but when it comes back the effects on the hilt & the blade are gone & it looks just like a regular light saber. If you sheathe the saber & then pull it back out, the effect is back. Not game breaking, but fairly annoying never the less. Edited by Lorrimar

• 2 weeks later...
Just checked this today with patch 2.6 & unfortunately it is still not working correctly. It seems that any animation that makes your saber disappear (looting, casting some force abilities, clicking meditation) still cause all the effects on the saber to go away until you put it away & then pull it back out again.

• 10 months later...
I'd really love to hear if/when a fix for this might be coming out or if I should just give up because the dev's can't be bothered to fix a visual bug that's been going on for a couple years now. I just wish I would have know this thing was broken before I put the time in to grind out Gree rep.

I'd really love to hear if/when a fix for this might be coming out or if I should just give up because the dev's can't be bothered to fix a visual bug that's been going on for a couple years now. I just wish I would have know this thing was broken before I put the time in to grind out Gree rep.

Short and quick answer for you:

It will never be fixed. Bugfixes of these sorts are at the very bottom of every single list of things ever created. They don't give a flying ****.

Sorry.

Wait, so you necro'd a thread that was 10 months old, when there are other threads about this topic that are newer?

This is a known issue affecting all lightsabers with animation effects. I wouldn't expect it to ever get fixed. It's probably up there with cape clipping, jetpacks firing, and other minor graphical bugs. Annoying? Absolutely, but hardly gamebreaking, and thus, at the bottom of the list of priorities.