NEW Patchs need new pvp/pve tank

CodySisson

• 2 weeks later...
You can get Kell Dragon gear by clearing NIM TFB/SNV... but you don't know what augments and skill tree to use?

I think he's assuming that, since 75 gear is the next step up from 72, he needs to be getting that.

Oriconian is the next upgrade if you have full Verpine, but the Underworld pieces (which you can get from some bosses in the new 16SM ops) can still be better. (For implants/earpieces, I believe the Veracity crafted implants/earpiece are slightly better than Underworld in terms of Mitigation, although their Endurance and Mainstat are far lower).

For PVE, as a beginner, DaiKaede's "Kinetic Combat Shadow - Simple Guide" should be very readable and useful.

For PVP, I personally play a 2/31/13 hybrid spec but I have 2 sets of gear, one Tank set and one DPS set (I always keep a Shield Generator equipped), and switch as required depending on the Warzone - for example, if it's an Arena (or more rarely, one of the other Warzones) with a single Healer and no Tank, I'll switch to Combat Technique, put on my tank set, and Guard the healer. Similarly, in Voidstar I'll be in Shadow Technique with DPS gear when attacking, and (usually) switch to Combat Technique with Tank gear when defending.

Edited by Ancaglon