The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Animation for fire pulse?

They haven't changed it recently.

At launch pre 1.2, it looked like Neural Surge with a slight orange tint. The damage was almost a GCD delayed; some speculated that it had a travel time and is instant if you were closer. It was changed in 1.2 to be what it is now and has stayed that way to my knowledge.

It's not too bad.

They haven't changed it recently.

At launch pre 1.2, it looked like Neural Surge with a slight orange tint. The damage was almost a GCD delayed; some speculated that it had a travel time and is instant if you were closer. It was changed in 1.2 to be what it is now and has stayed that way to my knowledge.

It's not too bad.

The only issue I have with it is that it is a fire ability in a tree full of lightning effects.

Too bad "Energy Blast" was taken up by the tank tree :(

And to those complaining about the vanguards obsession with electricity, he obviously has an arc-caster built into his gun, republic commando style (play said game OK)

It looks sorta like the Explosive Surge animation, except this fire effect is on the enemy. it's kinda lame looking compared to Immolate.

Yeah it's basically a mini-Explosive Surge on the enemy. Immolate is far more flashy...it basically sets the whole area on fire.

Par for the course, VG's get rifles but PT's get better animations.

So many of the Powertech's animations just look way cooler than the Vanguard's counterpart.

-Retractable Blade > Gut. Blade's got a cool sound- like it's punching through armor.

-Rail Shot > High Impact Bolt. RS just sounds like a beast. I never get bored hearing it.

-Flame Sweep > Explosive Surge. The sweep is so fluid in motion. like an aerial dance. lol Explosive surge looks like you just farted.

-Immolate > Fire Pulse FP looks like you just made your enemy fart.

-Rocket Punch > Stockstrike. Punch makes me think of SFII Ryu and Ken. Shoryuken!

-Flame Burst > Ion Pulse. IP just looks like a bug zapper. At least Flame Burst is a blast to the face.

Pulse Cannon ties Flamethrower though. they're both good.

About the only thing VGs have over PT's in style is a Blaster Rifle.

Way cooler in so many ways.

Edited by StaticSilence

Personally I wish Fire Pulse was replaced with an electric effect animation and renamed to go with it.. Maybe a more concentrated lightning blast that leaves the enemy sparking and crackling with electricity for awhile.

Fire Pulse currently has you press a detonator with your left hand, and there's a small fiery poof on the enemy and they have some flames on them for a little bit. It really doesn't make too much sense.

Edited by Blowwtorch