is there a hack that makes you move in right-angles and 1.5 to 2x speed?

Feztonio

this weekend theres solo players and groups of 2 or 3 solo players who seem to swarm like gnats. their movement patterns seem repeated and are simple right angles which keep them always out of the melee cone in front of you and they appear to be moving from 1 and 1/2 to 2 times as fast as the 'regular' players. is this a hack type deal or something?

ive also seen a PT able to hit like a truck and constantly heal himself though I'm not too familiar with PT specs so is there a self-heal heavy powertech spec?

just been some really really peculiar instances of random que pvp this weekend so far

this weekend theres solo players and groups of 2 or 3 solo players who seem to swarm like gnats. their movement patterns seem repeated and are simple right angles which keep them always out of the melee cone in front of you and they appear to be moving from 1 and 1/2 to 2 times as fast as the 'regular' players. is this a hack type deal or something?

ive also seen a PT able to hit like a truck and constantly heal himself though I'm not too familiar with PT specs so is there a self-heal heavy powertech spec?

just been some really really peculiar instances of random que pvp this weekend so far

Adrenaline rush - vanguard/pt skill, slowly builds health. Anti root skill (hold the line i think cant remember exact name) increases speed slightly for commandos/mercs/pts/vanguards. Transcendence (sents group team buff). Veng guardians have increased speed, sages have force speed, plus a talent to increase speed movement if they pop mental alacrity. Snipers/slingers have roll and hightail it (increase speed), ops have roll I believe dirty fighting also has speed increases from one of the melee moves, shadows probably have some form of speed increases along wit force speed but I'm not that informed on shadows (one of the only classes I don't have at 55 along with a healing scoundrel).

Most likely they are straffing.

To answer your question no they are most likely not hacking.

Edited by PloGreen

Moving at right angles at speeds twice as fast as normal is a hack called rebinding.

You basically go to this interface made by Bioware, select keybinds and use a complex piece of code to lets you change your keys. The key that is bound to turning your toon is then overwritten with a key to make him move sideways.

Report any player who uses this hack. They deserve to be punished for it.

If you think I'm serious, your sarcasmometer is broken

Edited by EzioMessi

Moving at right angles at speeds twice as fast as normal is a hack called rebinding.

You basically go to this interface made by Bioware, select keybinds and use a complex piece of code to lets you change your keys. The key that is bound to turning your toon is then overwritten with a key to make him move sideways.

Report any player who uses this hack. They deserve to be punished for it.

so its like a macro for turning and strafing at the same time? Why can't I just hit both buttons? Indistinguishable from the code you described, unless I am missing something?

• 1 month later...
Adrenaline rush - vanguard/pt skill, slowly builds health. Anti root skill (hold the line i think cant remember exact name) increases speed slightly for commandos/mercs/pts/vanguards. Transcendence (sents group team buff). Veng guardians have increased speed, sages have force speed, plus a talent to increase speed movement if they pop mental alacrity. Snipers/slingers have roll and hightail it (increase speed), ops have roll I believe dirty fighting also has speed increases from one of the melee moves, shadows probably have some form of speed increases along wit force speed but I'm not that informed on shadows (one of the only classes I don't have at 55 along with a healing scoundrel).

Most likely they are straffing.

To answer your question no they are most likely not hacking.

Most likely or not, (and all respect to the quoted player) speed hacking is rampant in this game. Yes, all of the above ability's grant a speed boost of some sort (though the use of 'Hightail It', and 'Scamper' are obvious) but they're not permanent buffs that don't at some point stop, which is exactly what the offending players characters don't do.

It is what it is, I deal with it, plenty of others deal with it as well, if Bioware could fix it they would (or they can but they don't, again I don't care). I pay b/c I want to play, when I don't want to anymore I'll stop, will the prevalence of 'Cheats' be a part of that decision? Maybe.

But if Bioware is simply ignoring it, at least they could have the guts to add the prevalence question to their exit survey lol.

Don't rule lag out, too.

I was meeting a good friend's character on Coruscant the other day. Where the taxi starts.

She has a very bad PC. What I saw was her character running forwards - and then stopping - and then like some kind of "rubberbanding" suddenly be placed several metres behind that character. Her movement was very erratic in general.

But to me, that was not new. I've seen her zig-zagging in pure PvE areas, simply because her PC is so bad. Sometimes, her PC even switches off or crashes, because it simply isn't able to stomach SWTOR graphics, that's what be both believe is the reasoin behind her bad PC performance.

The Gree Event is always horrible for her, because her PC crashes several times during the Event.

I've already suggested that she should buy a new, better PC, I hope that she really does it.

I know that people are being sarcastic, but there is a way to make you appear that you are lagging to the other players, ie. "teleporting" from place to place or moving in weird angles. It's quite simple really, but I'm not going to post it on the forums for everyone to see since I consider it an exploit (and no, I don't use it).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.