The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Plain, long-sleeved Jedi robe?

dermitni

Hey there!

I'm a subscriber to this game since July 2012 and I have ever since wondered: Will I ever be able to dress my Jedi like in the movies, in a plain brown robe with long sleeves, or will I always have to dress him like the queen of Naboo? Let's be honest here, in the beginning most armor sets for Consulars looked ugly like hell (and still do), with way too much bling-bling, uncanny wrist decorations and Ewok-settlement-sized hats. :)

For the last one and a half years, there have been some attempts by Bioware to add more plain and basic clothing, as requested by the community; the Hutt-couch-sized shoulder pads were gone in newer armor sets as were some of the tubes and roto-blades; and we even got one decent Jedi armor set for Jedi Knights which is as plain as possible, although it comes of course with a torso armor under the robe...

Now all that's missing is a decent robe for the Jedi Consular: Long-sleeved like the robe of Marka Ragnos, but without the chains and other "decorations" that spoil that one; colored dark brown and both in a hood-up and hood-down variant would be nice. Can we please get this? :D

Cheers, Niko

There are a few plain robes, the Jolee Bindo robe for example (not sure about the sleeve length), and a few others in game that are moddable (have seen them for light armour but names escape me at the moment).

The problem is that this image is one most people have slightly different ideas about, and they are not prepared to any compromise, and the devs don't want fifty variations on the same robes in the game.

(if you think I'm joking look at some old threads with people specifying what they wanted changed, the only commonality was they weren't happy with the current versions)