Mid air self destruct? Really?

Icernz

Hey guys.

I don't wanna start a whine post, but as the title states, I'm having a hard time understanding the reason for implementing a voluntary self destruct.

At least I think that's whats going on. See, for the last month I've come across alot of players who inexplicably blow up in my face when I've whittled down their health. We are not talking about flying into a wall or structure. No, they simply blow up followed by a "player x has self destructed" message. How can this be fair?

Screw the kill stats. When I spend precious time hunting some gunship camper, it is rather unsatisfying having them take the "easy way out" when I finally have them low on HP.

Is it really true that you can self destruct at your own will? And the "don't be a killwhore" mentality aside, when in a starfighter match is this option even remotely useful other than for messing with people?

Cheers

Edited by Icernz

So you're saying there is no way to selfdestruct on ones own?

Then starfighter needs to seriously shape up, cuz were talking middle of nowhere when they explode. Precision has to be a factor right? otherwise the game would be almost unplayable because of that huge delay?

So you're saying there is no way to selfdestruct on ones own?

Then starfighter needs to seriously shape up, cuz were talking middle of nowhere when they explode. Precision has to be a factor right? otherwise the game would be almost unplayable because of that huge delay?

Ships can only explode if they are attacked by another player, they have a dot on them and the dot kills them, turrets kill them, or they slam into an object.

There are no other ways.

Ships can only explode if they are attacked by another player, they have a dot on them and the dot kills them, turrets kill them, or they slam into an object.

There are no other ways.

No I've seen this the message self destructed appears, which only happens during a crash. Only there does not seem to be anything to crash into.

I haven't tried it but does "/stuck" work in GSF? If it does then that would be a self destruct.

Hey guys.

Is it really true that you can self destruct at your own will? And the "don't be a killwhore" mentality aside, when in a starfighter match is this option even remotely useful other than for messing with people?

I'm not aware of a way to self-destruct mid-air, but it would be nice. I flew into an asteroid in the tutorial and /stuck would not kill me and I could not get out. Physical damage wouldn't kill me, so I had to exit the tutorial.

I think the original poster is frustrated at people who fly out into the Exhaustion zone to die. The only reason to do this is if you think you can trick enemy pilots into wasting all their boost and following you. That leaves your enemy out in the middle-of-nowhere floating on empty engine power while the dead player can boost back to the node and win.

When you find an enemy pilot is chasing you, even after you boost away from an objective, it's best to drag them out as far as possible and either get shot down or die quickly so that you can get back to the node before they have a chance to recharge their booster..