The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars Trilogy Books

Pingonaut

So I've gotten pretty far into the "Star Wars" book (which is a big book form of episodes 4-6) and I think there is a book for the new trilogy too, has anyone seen it/read it? Is it any good? If I enjoy this book will I enjoy that one?

Also thinking of starting the Jedi Apprentice series. How's that?

So I've gotten pretty far into the "Star Wars" book (which is a big book form of episodes 4-6) and I think there is a book for the new trilogy too, has anyone seen it/read it? Is it any good? If I enjoy this book will I enjoy that one?

Also thinking of starting the Jedi Apprentice series. How's that?

Each prequel had a novelization put out around the same time it came out in theaters, but I don't think there's a single omnibus or collection of all three currently available, so you'd have to pick them up individually.

I have heard that the Revenge of the Sith novel is particularly good - especially in making Anakin's final fall to the Dark Side seem less... abrupt. I haven't read it personally, but its author, Matthew Stover, wrote one of my all time favorite SW novels, Traitor, so I tend to believe the praise I've heard.

Each prequel had a novelization put out around the same time it came out in theaters, but I don't think there's a single omnibus or collection of all three currently available, so you'd have to pick them up individually.

I have heard that the Revenge of the Sith novel is particularly good - especially in making Anakin's final fall to the Dark Side seem less... abrupt. I haven't read it personally, but its author, Matthew Stover, wrote one of my all time favorite SW novels, Traitor, so I tend to believe the praise I've heard.

I'm reading a single book with episode 4, 5 and 6 included right now, so I'm sure the new trilogy is included in a single book as well. I'm glad to hear the downfall is less sudden, too.

Edited by Pingonaut

ROTS's novel is one of the best out of the 6 imo. It has sections of narrative told from Anakin's perspective which help make sense of some of the rash manoeuvres he performs in the movie.

ROTS's novel is one of the best out of the 6 imo. It has sections of narrative told from Anakin's perspective which help make sense of some of the rash manoeuvres he performs in the movie.

Sounds good. Is there a single book with all three of those, too?

Yes I have it Litterally called The prequel Trilogy it contains all three. According to the back usual Retail price at the time was 19.95 USD

Is that the collection that contains the Junior Novelizations though?

The Revenge of the SIth novel I've heard all the praise for is the one written by Matthew Stover, but I know there was a "Junior Novelization" written by Patricia Wrede that was collected with her Ep. I and Ep. II books. Those may not be as good as the full-length novelizations.

The Revenge of the SIth novel I've heard all the praise for is the one written by Matthew Stover, but I know there was a "Junior Novelization" written by Patricia Wrede that was collected with her Ep. I and Ep. II books. Those may not be as good as the full-length novelizations.

Ah, yes. According to the Wookieepedia this is the case.

Nope, just Checked

Phantom Menace by Terry Brooks

Attack of the Clones R.A. Salvatore

Revenge of the Sith Matthew Stover

Cover design by David Stevenson.

Right on the title Page.

The Book is published by Del Rey Books. It even has the Poem at the end

Totals 993 pages long.

"The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins-----but

in the hear of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough

to hold it back.

Love is more then a candle.