The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Recommended Comics

cjlcw

Personally I love the comics that are set far away from the timeline of the movies, since then there aren't any foregone conclusions (you have a comic with Luke, Han, Leia and Vader set in between the movies and you already know nothing too big is going to upset things).

For that reason my two favorites are definitely Legacy and Knights of the Old Republic (the Zayne Carrack series).

Dawn of the Jedi's first story arc was really good too, but I haven't read past the first five issues so I don't know if it holds up past that.

I'm personally a fan of the three Dark Empire mini-series (although I think their quality steadily declines with each series) and the Tales of the Jedi series - especially the Dark Lords of the Sith and The Sith War mini-series. But fair warning: those are very much love-it-or-hate-it:

Dark Empire in particular starts off by setting the bar for Jedi/Sith powers really, really high (deflecting AT-AT blasts, possibly creating wormholes, things like that) and that can definitely be a turn-off for some readers.

The downside to the Tales of the Jedi series is the art, which decides to make the stuff happening 5,000-4,000 years before the movies look oddly like something out of a fantasy story at times, presumably to show that its a different era from the movies (which personally I think demonstrates very well why it's a good thing that KOTOR and TOR make it seem like things have looked roughly the same for 4,000 years in the Galaxy Far, Far Away). The characters and the story itself more than make up for it for me though.

Thanks for the suggestions.I'll check some of those out. I currently have around half of Republic (the Quinlan Voss omnibus along with the Clone Wars TPB 1-8). Is the rest of the series just as good? Also my focus in on TPB and Omnibuses; I'm not a fan of buying single issues.

I really enjoyed the Knights of the Old Republic series (Zayne Carrick).

If its Omnibuses you're after, the first 2/3rds of it are in two omnibus books already and third is set for release in April I think!

I've read Tales of the Jedi and every series that covers a piece of the Vector-arc (which consist of Knight of the Old Republic, Dark Times, Rebellion and Legacy, in that order)

All 5 are highly recommended by me, myself and I.

Edited by Little_Judas