An epic smackdown was laid down last night.

theJudeAbides

1000 to 5.

I'm surprised they didn't kill me while I was laughing my butt off. Oh, and when the guy came on and said "We can win this, just maintain control." I was like, "Gee, you think?"

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-lamdsWUWAtQ/Us2zjfx2MVI/AAAAAAAAAbk/gpBNqBDcAF4/w1277-h779-no/GS_Epic_Smackdown.jpg

Why don't they let us embed images? Dumb.

Well im glad it makes you feel good, but games like that are not really an achievement. A group of good players was matched with a group of newbies.

Best games are those you won 1000:997

I actually agree, and most games I win or lose are usually by less than 200 and often less than 100 points. I've NEVER seen such a lopsided fight in all my time with GS, and I figured it had to be some kind of record.

And yeah, it was a bit boring... as you can see I only ended up with 2 kills myself because I started off with the Nova which is tough to finish people with (the gunships and strikes do that better) and never died, so I didn't have a chance to switch (and I don't like suiciding if I can help it). Still, I'm a team player and did my job harassing and corralling them into the sights of my teammates.

Well im glad it makes you feel good, but games like that are not really an achievement. A group of good players was matched with a group of newbies.

Best games are those you won 1000:997

This, every word. Personally I don't laugh when I win such game, I yawn (and feel genuinely sorry for the other side). Yes, they can stroke your e(go) every once in a while. But as soon as the ratio of such matches vs. balanced matches crosses certain point, you probably realize that games like these aren't the fuel of GSF, they are its bane.