The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The BattleZone Winner's Bracket Match 1: Asajj Ventress vs. Shaak Ti

Aurbere

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I work on the decision, I have something (besides writing scenarios for those who want to) for all of you to do. I have several matches written up and I would like the people to weigh in on which match should be featured next. I will post a list of one character from each match written.

Darth Plagueis

Darth Malak

Agen Kolar

Exar Kun

Darth Bane

Kit Fisto

The next match will be posted on Monday, so you have plenty of time to vote! :)

The Sell-Dog Rankings:

1. Exar Kun

2. Darth Plagueis

3. Darth Bane

Wuuuut? Everyone's writing stories? I wan't to write one too! Story time!

Silence. The once roaring crowd had fallen into a low hush as the combatants glared at one another from either side of the arena. Then the bugle sounded, the crowd exploded, and the combatants transformed into blurs as they raced towards each other, anticipating the white hot clash of blade upon blade...

Or so the reader was led to believe.

Yet what the reader had mistook to be the preludial fervor of an intense melee was in fact a school-girl-eagerness to be the first to the dejarik board. Mere seconds apart they slammed into their seats and locked gazes, the game was on.

Shaak Ti entered a meditative stance, resting her chin on one hand and placing the other at her drip in a melodramatic pose. Ventress followed suit, placing her elbows on the table and aligning her fingers with each temple.

Then Shaak Ti made her move.

"Mantellian Savrip to B-5." The miniature monster obeyed her command, stomping across the checkered terrain mere squares away from Ventress' Kintan strider - a bold move.

But Ventress was unperturbed. Instead she took the opportunity to jab at her opponent:

"Ah the Mantellian Savrip, that decision wouldn't happen to be influenced by the deeply-seated guilt you feel for letting all your Padawans die, on Ord Mantell?"

The classic Dun Moch tactic. Sly.

But Shaak Ti merely stared at her quizically? "Err... they didn't die on Ord Mantell, or at the same time."

"Oh." Ventress replied, clearly startled. "Is that so, I must have been given the wrong datafile... but no matter!"

Ventress snatched up her K'lor'slug defiantly, with the intention of slapping it down decisively in front of Shaak Ti's Mantellian Savrip and watching it tear its throat out. But of course, it was a hologram, so her hands moved through thin air and she was left once again with a startled expression etched across her face.

Shaak Ti was beginning to feel a little awkward.

"K'lor'slug to A1!" Ventress shouted, the K'lor'slug climbed. Tearing out the throat of the Mantellian Savrip with suitable spectacle. But Shaak Ti had expected that, a game of dejarik can't be won without pawns...

Several hours later.

"Grimtaash to C4!"

"M'onnok to B7!"

"Ha!" Ventress cried in victory, as her Monnok speared the unsuspecting Grimtaash right through its chest carapace. Then she grinned at her opponent, a wide toothy grin with a seasoned with a dash of malice.

"What now Jedi?"

But Shaak Ti simply smiled. "I recognize the fighting style of Count Dooku. Your version is amateurish, sloppy. And you've made a fatal error."

Ventress snarled, then scanned her eyes over the dejarik board, attempting to predict every possible move her opponent could make, desperately searching for the flaw in her defense. She found none.

"Your bluffing." She scoffed, confident her victory was assured.

But Shaak Ti wasn't bluffing. Well, she was actually, she was totally bluffing.

"Argh! Enough of this!" She cried. "Your Count Dooku's apprentice, why the hell am I playing dejarik with you in... wherever the hell we are! I've had enough!" She stood up from the table in a swift aggressive motion and drew her lightsaber.

"What's the matter Jedi?" Ventress said mockingly. "Is it your Padawans? Have those tragic memories from Ord Mantell all come rushing back?"

"They didn't die on Ord Mantell gosh darn it!"

"Well how was I supposed to know that!" Ventress screamed, leaping up from her own sit and slapping her hands at the table, leaning forward aggressively. "When the arbiter gave me the wrong datafile!"

Momentarily forgetting about her intentions to turn Ventress into chopped liver Shaak Ti sheathed her lightsaber and slammed her own hands on the table, leering forward to meet Ventress' fierce stare over the dejarik table.

"Wrong datafile! Ha! I didn't even know this was going to be a bloody dejarik match until a few hours ago!"

The two women growled at each other simultaneously.

"Ladies, ladies, please!" Cried a modulated voice from the far side of the arena. They jerked their heads round to look at the source of the voice. It was Aurbere, the Kel Dor arbiter who ran the show. "This is all been one big misunderstanding." he continued. But the 'ladies' weren't having any of it. They'd had enough. And now they had someone else to shout out.

"You! Your the one who gave me the wrong datafile!" Ventress heckled.

"You tricked me into thinking this was a melee tournament, you no good nerf-herder!" Shaak Ti shrieked. And then in unison they turned to face him and ignited their lightsabers.

Aurbere held his hands up in a gesture of peace. "Now, lets not to be too hasty. I'm sure we can come to some kind of arrangement that will make all of us happy. I know, how about I give you free front-row tickets to the next round."

Shaak Ti put a hand on her hip, still unimpressed. "And when will the next round be may I ask?"

"Er..." Aurbere wrung his hands. "Soon™."

That was the last straw, in unison the pair flew into a fit of rage, and pounced.

Wuuuut? Everyone's writing stories? I wan't to write one too! Story time!

Silence. The once roaring crowd had fallen into a low hush as the combatants glared at one another from either side of the arena. Then the bugle sounded, the crowd exploded, and the combatants transformed into blurs as they raced towards each other, anticipating the white hot clash of blade upon blade...

Or so the reader was led to believe.

Yet what the reader had mistook to be the preludial fervor of an intense melee was in fact a school-girl-eagerness to be the first to the dejarik board. Mere seconds apart they slammed into their seats and locked gazes, the game was on.

Shaak Ti entered a meditative stance, resting her chin on one hand and placing the other at her drip in a melodramatic pose. Ventress followed suit, placing her elbows on the table and aligning her fingers with each temple.

Then Shaak Ti made her move.

"Mantellian Savrip to B-5." The miniature monster obeyed her command, stomping across the checkered terrain mere squares away from Ventress' Kintan strider - a bold move.

But Ventress was unperturbed. Instead she took the opportunity to jab at her opponent:

"Ah the Mantellian Savrip, that decision wouldn't happen to be influenced by the deeply-seated guilt you feel for letting all your Padawans die, on Ord Mantell?"

The classic Dun Moch tactic. Sly.

But Shaak Ti merely stared at her quizically? "Err... they didn't die on Ord Mantell, or at the same time."

"Oh." Ventress replied, clearly startled. "Is that so, I must have been given the wrong datafile... but no matter!"

Ventress snatched up her K'lor'slug defiantly, with the intention of slapping it down decisively in front of Shaak Ti's Mantellian Savrip and watching it tear its throat out. But of course, it was a hologram, so her hands moved through thin air and she was left once again with a startled expression etched across her face.

Shaak Ti was beginning to feel a little awkward.

"K'lor'slug to A1!" Ventress shouted, the K'lor'slug climbed. Tearing out the throat of the Mantellian Savrip with suitable spectacle. But Shaak Ti had expected that, a game of dejarik can't be won without pawns...

Several hours later.

"Grimtaash to C4!"

"M'onnok to B7!"

"Ha!" Ventress cried in victory, as her Monnok speared the unsuspecting Grimtaash right through its chest carapace. Then she grinned at her opponent, a wide toothy grin with a seasoned with a dash of malice.

"What now Jedi?"

But Shaak Ti simply smiled. "I recognize the fighting style of Count Dooku. Your version is amateurish, sloppy. And you've made a fatal error."

Ventress snarled, then scanned her eyes over the dejarik board, attempting to predict every possible move her opponent could make, desperately searching for the flaw in her defense. She found none.

"Your bluffing." She scoffed, confident her victory was assured.

But Shaak Ti wasn't bluffing. Well, she was actually, she was totally bluffing.

"Argh! Enough of this!" She cried. "Your Count Dooku's apprentice, why the hell am I playing dejarik with you in... wherever the hell we are! I've had enough!" She stood up from the table in a swift aggressive motion and drew her lightsaber.

"What's the matter Jedi?" Ventress said mockingly. "Is it your Padawans? Have those tragic memories from Ord Mantell all come rushing back?"

"They didn't die on Ord Mantell gosh darn it!"

"Well how was I supposed to know that!" Ventress screamed, leaping up from her own sit and slapping her hands at the table, leaning forward aggressively. "When the arbiter gave me the wrong datafile!"

Momentarily forgetting about her intentions to turn Ventress into chopped liver Shaak Ti sheathed her lightsaber and slammed her own hands on the table, leering forward to meet Ventress' fierce stare over the dejarik table.

"Wrong datafile! Ha! I didn't even know this was going to be a bloody dejarik match until a few hours ago!"

The two women growled at each other simultaneously.

"Ladies, ladies, please!" Cried a modulated voice from the far side of the arena. They jerked their heads round to look at the source of the voice. It was Aurbere, the Kel Dor arbiter who ran the show. "This is all been one big misunderstanding." he continued. But the 'ladies' weren't having any of it. They'd had enough. And now they had someone else to shout out.

"You! Your the one who gave me the wrong datafile!" Ventress heckled.

"You tricked me into thinking this was a melee tournament, you no good nerf-herder!" Shaak Ti shrieked. And then in unison they turned to face him and ignited their lightsabers.

Aurbere held his hands up in a gesture of peace. "Now, lets not to be too hasty. I'm sure we can come to some kind of arrangement that will make all of us happy. I know, how about I give you free front-row tickets to the next round."

Shaak Ti put a hand on her hip, still unimpressed. "And when will the next round be may I ask?"

"Er..." Aurbere wrung his hands. "Soon™."

That was the last straw, in unison the pair flew into a fit of rage, and pounced.

Lol, I'm glad you guys liked it. I was going to write a normal scenario but then I... deviated.

By the way Aurbere I've read the next chapter in your fan fic. Awesome! And that missing scene would be cool too. :D

Cool, I'll get to work on that.

Just double checking, is that still going to happen?

I know it's going to be Ti (:( I tried wolf :p) just wondering how close

I failed to manage my time properly this week so I got stuck with a ton of College work this weekend so I don't have much time. I'll get the decision posted first thing Monday, and post the next match a short time after (half hour or so).

Sorry! :(

I failed to manage my time properly this week so I got stuck with a ton of College work this weekend so I don't have much time. I'll get the decision posted first thing Monday, and post the next match a short time after (half hour or so).

Sorry! :(

Man, sucks when that happens. :(

I'm posting another chapter in my fanfic tommorow, so I hope that alleviates the stress!

Just double checking, is that still going to happen?

I know it's going to be Ti (:( I tried wolf :p) just wondering how close

As said didn't care who won, just didn't want it to be one sided. (Though I strongly disagree with a few things...but /shrug)

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Thought I'd do a breakdown like Rayla did of why I think Ventress wins, just to put a couple last points in.

One thing I thought I'd mention, was that Ti has been stated to draw actively on the ambient force energies around her, all the living thing nearby contribute to her energies.

She's also stated to funnel these energies into her physical abilities as much as her force abilities.

I don't think she could replicate what she did on Felucia in a lifeless deserted Dome, (compared to a force nexus-like site on a planet teeming with life, immersed in the Light Side of the Force) And if you say she wasn't drawing on the planet, then explain the phrase "and even with the power of an entire planet".

I'd also say, Ti lost to General Grevious, barely survived... Ventress beat him... Now people say Grevious wasn't trying, but lol no, he tried. He'd fought Ventress before, and the only way he beat her was power strikes, however by the end of her days, like I've said, she'd grown too strong to be overwhelmed by power strikes, which I why I don't think Ti's power strikes will make any difference here.

Another thing, Ventress has shown great proficiency in Dun Moch, and of course, she's often been angered by any retorts. For a jedi, being affected by insults and goads is fatal, for a Sith? Re-energizing. I believe that if either were to tire themselves out, or at the same time, Ventress would be far quicker on the uptake.

Ventress has survived Massive wounds, she even faked her own death after Anakin went full rage on her, by using a Sith Trance.

She's used rage before to fuel incredible Force Attacks, and unlike planets, rage is something she can actually call on in this Arena.

There's more, but the rest i've gone over multiple times :p I think we've gone through most of the things now.

Ohhh.... OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Lucky me.

The new Essential guide to Alien Species, states that Shaak Ti coped with bouts of Depression and Anxiety, due to her separation from the Togruta as a child, which affected her throughout her life.

I'm really starting to doubt this whole "Really calm, impenetrable to Dun Moch" thing.

Ohhh.... OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Lucky me.

The new Essential guide to Alien Species, states that Shaak Ti coped with bouts of Depression and Anxiety, due to her separation from the Togruta as a child, which affected her throughout her life.

I'm really starting to doubt this whole "Really calm, impenetrable to Dun Moch" thing.

Totally mentioned that in the analysis.

Does nobody read anymore!? :(

Hehe

I've been wondering, would Ventress having a second saber allow her better defense against Ti's Juyo strikes? Obviously does for Makashi, but what about Juyo?

She doesn't have two sabers here? Or were you just meaning?...Though I don't see why not, Ventress has taken on superior duelists than Ti. Plus being agile helps too, she doesn't need to be constantly locked blades with Ti.

Though Juyo? You mean Ataru?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

She doesn't have two sabers here? Or were you just meaning?...Though I don't see why not, Ventress has taken on superior duelists than Ti. Plus being very agile helps out too.

She does. I meant comparing to Marek's one.

Though of course, that doesn't matter, as Ti couldn't replicate those sorts of moves in the Arena, she was obviously drawing on Felucia.

Just to note too, Ventress can connect her sabers into a saberstaff.

Indeed, and not a normal one either, most Jedi were turned to the teaching that:

"If you are to face a Saber Staff, it's greatest strength is your split focus. Do not worry where the second blade is, it is situated on the direct opposite of the 1st, you need not concentrate on both, but one"

whereas Ventress' held a nifty little surprise. Because Vosa's blades are curved, when connected, they made an elongated S shape, like ~

This made for surprise miscalculations, and in a saber duel, being CM's off, may end up in your head being Meters off.