Any valid reason for the lack of Daunltess medals?

varietasplus

Medals are easy to get, provided you do things that get medals:

Defend sat 1 min

Defend sat 4 min

Defend sat 8 min

Capture 1 objective

Capture 4 objectives

Capture 8 objectives

Do 10k damage

Do 20k damage

etc. etc.

The list of things that earn medals is very long, but depending on how you play you can have crushing victories that earn almost no medals. Basically, there's little linkage between kills, winning via objectives, earning requisition, and earning medals. That is to say, if you want to optimize one of those four goals the other three are likely to suffer.

However, as pointed out previously medals do nothing other than count toward medal counting achievements on your legacy. So focus on requisition or winning the match and don't worry about medals.

Edited by Ramalina

Medals are kind of wonky in space PvP. They're not really an accurate judge of your contributions in Domination gameplay, so I don't generally pay much attention to them.

To suggest they are not an accurate judge is a bit of an overstatement, in my opinion. I would agree that the damage medals, as well as the Assassin 1v1 dogfight medals are sort of artificial stat fillers, but to suggest the medals obtained from capturing objectives, defending objectives, destroying turrets and player kills/assists do not reflect your contribution to the match is not entirely correct.

To suggest they are not an accurate judge is a bit of an overstatement, in my opinion. I would agree that the damage medals, as well as the Assassin 1v1 dogfight medals are sort of artificial stat fillers, but to suggest the medals obtained from capturing objectives, defending objectives, destroying turrets and player kills/assists do not reflect your contribution to the match is not entirely correct.

Capturing objectives definitely helps your team. Defending objectives by sitting on the satellite isn't always helpful. There's plenty of things you can do to help your team that medals don't reward you for, and there's some things that don't help your team that medals do reward you for (gunships flipping sats, for example).

Edited by Armonddd

Won a starfighter warzone 1.000 to 35. We all ended up 3-4 medals. Working as intended I presume...

Won it quick? Less damage, less capping, fewer medals. Also, if you switch ships you'll earn fewer as the medals are calculated for each ship.

Requisitions seem to be earned by your actions on each ship for each ship, so you'll not gimp requisitions by switching ships, just your medal count.

Capturing objectives definitely helps your team. Defending objectives by sitting on the satellite isn't always helpful. There's plenty of things you can do to help your team that medals don't reward you for, and there's some things that don't help your team that medals do reward you for (gunships flipping sats, for example).

agreed and to add sometimes you can do things like defend a sat but happen to be doing so just outside of the little bubble that you'd need to be in to net that medal. Which happens to me a lot when I'm defending as I try to intercept inbound enemy starfighters before they get close to a sat. While it means they may not take the sat I probably get fewer medals than if I let them get closer before attacking.

Agreed, I would contend that medals are more gray than black and white. I would argue that a medal county below 5 or 6 is consistent with not being an effective objective based player, but someone who got 14medals isn't necessarily better or more helpful than someone who only had 8.

I think it helps on the low end determine who did their job, but gets diluted at higher values.