Dreadmaster Raptus challenge load screens slow and door ways not working all the time

prairieprof

Randomly the load screens coming out of the challenge modes are slow to the point that an entire phase goes by without you. Randomly when trying to enter a challenge door at the proper time with the proper crystal, you run right through the door to the other side without ever going into the door. So you either run around to try to re-enter or back up through the door again and go forward to try enter the door again. But this usually then will fail multiple times before picking you up into the challenge. Wastes nearly half the challenge.

I can confirm the loading screen issue, though this is a general feature of the engine that the screen is overlayed while the area is loading. I doubt they can turn it off for individual areas; they'd need to redesign the boss fight to fix this.

If this is bothering you too much or you have a very slow computer, you can try the workaround in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6959209.

Note that you'll have to reinstate the loading screen for each patch, otherwise the launcher will be stuck when it tries to install the patch, but then you won't see that screen anymore. :)

However, I haven't seen the bug where the portals would not work at all. Did you maybe enter the doors too early?

Edited by Jerba

No, not too early---too late. The dps was half done with the challenge by the time I could get in. Also, when coming out I had a similar delay where the damage phase was already done by the time I came out. This happens randomly, this delay. So it's not my computer either. During this time my connection was 88ms and my fps was 77. The issue is on the server side.