Having a login issue since the "hack"

bowlergirl

Whenever I timeout on the server select screen and decide to get back into the game I have an issue where I will click play on the toon I want to play on but it will not load. I will either have to attempt to get on other toons or completely close the game out and restart it. My guildies are having the same issue as well.

We didn't have this issue before Thursday (1/2/14)

I'm really sorry to hear that you can't access the game. I've looked around a bit and these might help you:

1. LauncherRepair: You can try repairing your client. To do this go to the launcher, then sign in. After that, you should see 2 buttons in the bottom left corner. Click the one that looks like a gear. You should see the option to 'Repair' the game. Click that, and then wait for it to finish. Finally, start the game up to see if it works.

2. Look at the Top 10 Issues and Solutions thread to see if you fix is there: link to the thread

3. Contact Customer Service for help: You can contact Customer Service several ways. Obviously since you can't get onto a character, that eliminates the ability to leave an ingame ticket. You can try leaving a post in the Customer Service Forum, or call them up (their number can be found here). I also think there is an email for CS but I don't know what it is.

I hope these help! :D

Edited by Essence_of_Light

I'm really sorry to hear that you can't access the game. I've looked around a bit and these might help you:

1. LauncherRepair: You can try repairing your client. To do this go to the launcher, then sign in. After that, you should see 2 buttons in the bottom left corner. Click the one that looks like a gear. You should see the option to 'Repair' the game. Click that, and then wait for it to finish. Finally, start the game up to see if it works.

2. Look at the Top 10 Issues and Solutions thread to see if you fix is there: link to the thread

3. Contact Customer Service for help: You can contact Customer Service several ways. Obviously since you can't get onto a character, that eliminates the ability to leave an ingame ticket. You can try leaving a post in the Customer Service Forum, or call them up (their number can be found here). I also think there is an email for CS but I don't know what it is.

I hope these help! :D

I can access the game and ran repair. Its just jumping through more hoops than one should especially since the game was fine prior to that crap on Thursday. I figured I would post here to see if one of the devs would look, and to see if other people are having a similar issue.

I can access the game and ran repair. Its just jumping through more hoops than one should especially since the game was fine prior to that crap on Thursday. I figured I would post here to see if one of the devs would look, and to see if other people are having a similar issue.

K, and im sorry I couldn't help. Although, if you are looking for a dev response to your problem, I highly urge you to post this in the Customer Service forum. Goodluck.

I actually noticed this exact thing just the other day. I had been logged out to the server select screen due to afk and then logged to character selection and when I clicked "Play" it just stayed there. I had to exit the game completely and re-log in. Very strange indeed

Not actually a hack, just a DDoS attack that irritated a lot of people.

Yeah, it was not a hack.

As to the topic, I have had this happen only once on one character since the DDoS event. All I had to do was log-in another character and then logout and the stuck character could be logged-in. I did NOT have to completely logout of the game and back again.

It may be some glitch introduced when they addressed the DDoS, or maybe a new glitch of some sort that just happens to coincide somehow. Anyway.. I /bug-reported it and moved on. I encourage others to do the same if they experience it. Multiple common bug reports from different players surely pops bugs for higher attention.

Edited by Andryah

Had this issue happen tonight. Here are a few more data points although I have no concrete solution.

1. I couldn't log in to any toon on Harbinger. Logged into the server but on the character select screen when I clicked play nothing would happen.

2. On a whim, I decided to log into another server. No issues. Created a character. No issues. Logged out of that character and logged back and played with no issues.

3. Went back to Harbinger, and the same failure occured. Clicked on play on the character screen, nothing happened.

4. Went back to the other server, clicked on the new character, logged right in no issues.

5. The only work around that seems to work consistanly for me is to quit the game entirely and restart. After that, Harbinger toons played on first click with no issues.

EDIT: It is strange that this issue started happening after the DDoS attack. But I fail to see how there could be a direct correlation. As was mentioned, it wasn't a hack but maybe something they have deployed as a security measure is causing a problem. But even then... I don't know why it would authentication and then not log in to a particular server...

Edited by Rafaman