The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Official Weapon Wishlist Thread

Any chance of getting a reskinned version of the Heavy Modified Blaster Carbine? It's easily the best-looking pistol in the game and I was hoping to see it in more colors. Some variants with laser sights and scopes would also be great too. Edited by Millardkillmoore

Seeing as true additional weapon types being made available to classes is doubtful, I have some ideas on how this could be worked around.

The first is the lightsaber pike. All that this really needs to work is a double-bladed lightsaber with the back blade replaced by an extended staff segment, with the sheathing point moved to the back like with electrostaves and techstaves. The front blade might need to be shorted via having some of its length replaced with extra staff length, additionally. Absolutely no new animations would be needed whatsoever.

Curved lightsabers already exist in the game, although there's a sparse few versions. All that would be needed for this is a single-bladed lightsaber with hilt that curves towards the back end, like with the existing models.

Long-handle lightsabers, alternately from lightsaber pikes, could be made from single-bladed lightsabers with a hilt length like that of double-bladed lightsabers. This could also be used for "single blade active" variants of double-bladed lightsabers.

Shoto lightsabers (also known as short lightsabers), which BioWare already included in KOTOR, would merely be a single-bladed lightsaber model variant with a slightly smaller hilt and shorter blade length.

Another variant I can see being possible is a "lightsaber axe". All this would consist of would be a lengthened handle, with a short bladed lightsaber chamber affixed to the top end at a parallel angle to the handle. Sort of like this, when deactivated: |'

Again, no new animations would be necessary, whatsoever.

As for ranged weapons, I would love to see more collapsing weapon designs, similar to what BioWare designed for the Mass Effect series. I loved what they did in that regard with the compact infiltrator's sniper rifle. I'd love to see more weapons like that, for as many of the existing weapon types as possible within reason. For example a KOTOR-style collapsing fighting staff, or a standard size blaster pistol which collapses to holdout size for storage. An assault cannon which collapses when holstered would be great, as well.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

* a deep gray and/or black version of every handgun in the game.

* dye slots in all weapons + more deep gray combinations (like deep gray / light gray or deep gray / medium gray) to make more armor and weapons look serious

Because the clowns will go to either wow or wildstar. ;)

I would love to see a throwback lightsaber added to the Cartel Market, like the ones from the first great war. When lightsabers were powered by a battery pack and had cables attaching them.

Also off topic but a new droid pet would be cool, kinda like the recent blue r2 unit we got but this time have it be pure black for imperials and whatever for republic. But give it the ability to shoot out a lightsaber hilt to the toon, ala skywalker in return of the jedi.

• 2 weeks later...
1. sniper rifle like Barrett M99 or BArrett M90

2. some classic, kotor-like vibrosword. something like this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/3821649-vibroblade.jpg

the color crystal could change color of the hilt :p

I could definitely go for a KOTOR style vibrosword, as well. The same model could also be tweaked into a double-bladed version.

Seeing as true additional weapon types being made available to classes is doubtful, I have some ideas on how this could be worked around.

The first is the lightsaber pike. All that this really needs to work is a double-bladed lightsaber with the back blade replaced by an extended staff segment, with the sheathing point moved to the back like with electrostaves and techstaves. The front blade might need to be shorted via having some of its length replaced with extra staff length, additionally. Absolutely no new animations would be needed whatsoever.

Curved lightsabers already exist in the game, although there's a sparse few versions. All that would be needed for this is a single-bladed lightsaber with hilt that curves towards the back end, like with the existing models.

Long-handle lightsabers, alternately from lightsaber pikes, could be made from single-bladed lightsabers with a hilt length like that of double-bladed lightsabers. This could also be used for "single blade active" variants of double-bladed lightsabers.

Shoto lightsabers (also known as short lightsabers), which BioWare already included in KOTOR, would merely be a single-bladed lightsaber model variant with a slightly smaller hilt and shorter blade length.

Another variant I can see being possible is a "lightsaber axe". All this would consist of would be a lengthened handle, with a short bladed lightsaber chamber affixed to the top end at a parallel angle to the handle. Sort of like this, when deactivated: |'

Again, no new animations would be necessary, whatsoever.

As for ranged weapons, I would love to see more collapsing weapon designs, similar to what BioWare designed for the Mass Effect series. I loved what they did in that regard with the compact infiltrator's sniper rifle. I'd love to see more weapons like that, for as many of the existing weapon types as possible within reason. For example a KOTOR-style collapsing fighting staff, or a standard size blaster pistol which collapses to holdout size for storage. An assault cannon which collapses when holstered would be great, as well.

if they do make any new classes (hopefully non force sensitive) i would love to see the same weapon types there are now. i think a lot of the weapons are really narrowed when it comes to who can use them:

only 1/16 of the AC use sniper rifles

only 1/16 of the AC use assault cannons

only 2/16 use carbines

only 2/16 use double-ended sabers.

but other than that you see nearly everyone with pistols or single-bladed sabers. 4/16 advanced classes use pistols and 6/16 use single-bladed sabers. i think that is a serious imbalance in regards to armaments. i love the compact blaster rifles because they are big enough to not look weak like a pistol but not impractical like a gigantic assault cannon or a sniper rifle almost as tall as a person.

if they do make any new classes (hopefully non force sensitive) i would love to see the same weapon types there are now. i think a lot of the weapons are really narrowed when it comes to who can use them:

only 1/16 of the AC use sniper rifles

only 1/16 of the AC use assault cannons

only 2/16 use carbines

only 2/16 use double-ended sabers.

Think about the companions, too. most of the Force-sensitive ones use saberstaves ('cept for Scourge and Ashara.) At least 4 use snipers, two or three use cannons, and almost all the ranged companions can use rifles. Just reminding you, so you don't cry too much about lack of 'unconventional weapons' use ingame...

Think about the companions, too. most of the Force-sensitive ones use saberstaves ('cept for Scourge and Ashara.) At least 4 use snipers, two or three use cannons, and almost all the ranged companions can use rifles. Just reminding you, so you don't cry too much about lack of 'unconventional weapons' use ingame...

i actually love unconventional weapons so long as they are practical. SWTOR has done a good job with [Rotary Plasma Cannon] and [Kyber Assault Cannon] in terms of realism, and much less so with others.

on another note, people can't play as companions, so that really isn't my focus. point is, there aren't many player groups that use particular weapons and that is what i like to see more.

Edited by CyberneticDucks

Please add an adaptive pistol that has the same skin as Malavi Quinn's blaster for both main hand and off-hand. More specifically, the pistol that Quinn has equipped when you unlock him as a companion. Edited by MiahC
Additional information added.

My suggestion would be this: When they finally add a new level cap, make sub-specs of our skill trees that allow specific classes to use previously unusable unconventional weapons. i.e.: the Sniper gets access to assault cannons, or a bigger, nastier vibrosword as an offhand, instead of the shivs.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love it if more weapons along the lines of the Corsec Electrobaton were added. At least in terms of the orange energy field which appears over the weapon's three striking surfaces. I'd love to see something like that on a sword and a double-bladed sword, if not also an axe.

I'm also hoping that it wouldn't be *too* difficult to implement alternate projectile effects, so that things such as plasma blasters, personnel railguns, and heavy beams (single beam instead of blaster bolts) can be added to the game. I would go for those in an instant if they would ever be done.

• 3 weeks later...
Gaderffii (gaffi stick), would go well with sand people gear and bantha.

That would be a good one to add, and I think it may be getting in at some point. ...I think. Either way, I support this being added!

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

We really need more variation in weapon types from cartel packs. We get pistols, rifles, cannons, and both sabers almost every pack. Techblades, staves, vibroswords, all need love too. We could have Mission's Vibroblade. How about a really cool Sith Warsword for one of the next packs? Pall, Kresh, Ragnos, and Sadow all had Sith swords. There could be a Sith Tremor Sword, or an Onderon Royal sword, or maybe a techstaff version of Ragnos's scepter. Any type of thing would be cool as long as we get something newish looking for melee use besides just another traditional looking lightsaber.

I want weapons without all the sleek coverings and shells that 'malfunction' while we're firing them. I want my blaster to start sparking and smoking while I'm shooting it. I want my lightsaber's blade to go all choppy and fizzle out once in a while when I have it drawn. I want my cannon to be on fire!

• 5 weeks later...

I really liked the EL-34 Rotary Plasma Cannon since it seemed to be modeled at least in part on a Browning .30 or .50 machinegun and that was a nice reference to the Original Trilogy weapons that were based on WWII era weapons.

I'd really, really like to see an assault cannon like the T-21 light repeating blaster though. Basically something that is held like a rifle (as opposed to the way the assault cannons are held) but looks much bigger and bulkier fitting the assault cannon's name. I think something like that would also really satisfy a lot of Commandos who prefer the look of rifles to the available assault cannons.

• 2 weeks later...

After the release of Manaan (and its flashpoint), I'd love to see more weapons in Selkath style.

Pistols, rifles, sniper rifles, assault cannons. Maybe even a lightsaber or two. I would love to be able to see and obtain more weapons (or even armor) with that kind of style.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

Another request here...

Can you BW please, pretty please, preeeeeety please with sugar srpinkles on top, make a version of the Flashy pistol that smugglers get on Ord Mantell during their storyline, but without the scope on top of it?

Flashy

Flashy img

I would just like a moddable flashy for my slinger that matches the one I already have.

Edited by TryRoon

I was thinking about the lightsabers, for the lightsabers which I would like to see in-games are:

- Darth Vader's lightsaber, the name doesn't have to be the same, but a lightsaber like this should be in the game in my opinion: http://www.oohyeahzone.com/collection/cb/cb5-lightsabers-ot.html

- More curved hilt lightsabers like for example : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Curved-hilt_lightsaber?file=DookuSaber-MR.jpg

For now that's all I can think of, thanks for reading!

I was thinking about the lightsabers, for the lightsabers which I would like to see in-games are:

- Darth Vader's lightsaber, the name doesn't have to be the same, but a lightsaber like this should be in the game in my opinion: http://www.oohyeahzone.com/collection/cb/cb5-lightsabers-ot.html

- More curved hilt lightsabers like for example : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Curved-hilt_lightsaber?file=DookuSaber-MR.jpg

For now that's all I can think of, thanks for reading!

While they can't use something from further along in the timeline itself, they can do homages.

I know I would love to see more variety for curved-hilt lightsabers.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121119204145/starwars/images/c/ce/BladeEmitterShroud-Deceived.png

This one should be put in the cartel market, i know there is a similar one which they obviously textured based on this but hilt needs to be thinner and longer than the one in game. It wouldn't take much time to work on an already rendered model i guess.

Edited by Lord_Xeon

dear devs, would like...

1) Blaster Rifle, Sniper Rifle and Assault Cannon versions of the AD-11 Heavy Blaster

2) Blaster Rifle, Sniper Rifle and Assault Cannon versions of the AD-12 Heavy Blaster

3) Blaster Rifle, Sniper Rifle and Assault Cannon versions of the AD-13 Heavy Blaster

4) Blaster Rifle, Sniper Rifle and Assault Cannon versions of the AD-14 Heavy Blaster

...and the KOTOR/KOTOR2 version of the Vibroblade please:)