The Force and Midichlorians.

tunewalker

The first question we have to ask ourselves is What is the Force? and What is a Midichlorian?

This video answers both questions perfectly, but many do not understand the information given in the Video. So I am going to try to break it down for people and discuss what it all means.

The Force: Mystical Energy Field created by all living things https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUKGTkiWik

Midichlorian: Microscopic organism that lives within all living beings and tells those they live within about the Force.

Midichlorians and The Force ARE NOT the same thing. Think of a Midichlorian like a Jedi's Nervous system. A nervous system generally has 2 functions it allows to you feel the outside world as well as send signals through out your body to have it preform functions. Midichlorians do the same thing for a Force user, allowing them to feel The Force while at the same time sending information to it.

Also like a nervous system a Force users responses can both be Voluntary and involuntary. As explained in Luke's early days

:15-:25

Other examples of course include Force pushes or Force Lightning as examples of Voluntary responses. Involuntary examples would be like in the book "Jedi Search" when Luke is training Leia to shield her mind he touches a portion of the mind that responds with an involuntary push. Here Luke describes it Literally as a knee jerk reaction of Force Users. Other examples include moments when a Force User dodges an attack not knowing there was even an enemy there, The Force flowing through them just told them to move and with out any consciousness of listening to it at the time they moved.

With the Knowledge that Midichlorians and The Force are not in fact the same thing, What does a high Midichlorian count mean? and how is a Force users "power" determined? Well that will be the more controversial stuff so will be covered in my next post. So stay tuned for Part 2 "Midichlorians and their effect on 'power'"

Edited by tunewalker

A very nice breakdown.

Thanks I have 2 more of these that I will be making both will likely be more controversial. I wanted to get the one that was just sharing pure info out of the way first before getting down to the posts not all will agree with :D.

I was always under the impression midichlorians could be looked at as "Gateways" to the force. The more you have in you, the more easily it flows through it's user. I'm assuming Jedi had higher midichlorians than the average Joe, hence qui gon's count.

A way to look at it is like an empty pool with a small drain, a garden hose and water. The pool being the person, while the garden hose is a midichlorian and water is the force. So the more hoses you have, the faster it is to fill. While an average joe may have 1-3. A Jedi could have a 1000 etc etc.

I was always under the impression midichlorians could be looked at as "Gateways" to the force. The more you have in you, the more easily it flows through it's user. I'm assuming Jedi had higher midichlorians than the average Joe, hence qui gon's count.

A way to look at it is like an empty pool with a small drain, a garden hose and water. The pool being the person, while the garden hose is a midichlorian and water is the force. So the more hoses you have, the faster it is to fill. While an average joe may have 1-3. A Jedi could have a 1000 etc etc.

In a sense this isn't entirely inaccurate and another very good analogy but this has to do with the effect of Midichlorians on how powerful some one is with The Force something I intend to leave for the next post :D.

But good catch and understanding of what the collection of these posts have to do with ;).