The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Darth Maglus Armor/ Old Rakata Gear

Kioth

As a Sith warrior i feel i want the ****** armor and shoulder plate but also the cool cape that goes with it like.. well Darth Malgus. I at least want the chest piece so i can put it on my Jugg. I think it be a nice addition to the Cartel Market

Also the old Tionese, Columi and Rakata gear from the old raids. Add those to the cartel market. and make sure they are all adaptive. or at least what armor level they where when they where around but have them useable at level 1. That be appreciated

no. the sith raider armor is actually quite different from malgus' armor. there are two versions of malgus' lightsaber that players can get. but there is no way to get armor that looks like his.

as for the old tionese, columi, rakatta shells, I'm sure the synthweavers and armormechs would LOVE to get the schematics for those. it would be a nice gesture to those crafters since CM has really kinda made them almost obsolete outside of mods and augs.

hey devs, have you noticed that these two items get a new thread asking for them just about every week? maybe there's some money to be made here.. hint hint.

Crafting is more hurt by the fact that you can't craft anything beyond a 72 rated schematic. You've got two levels of gear above that and Oriconian 78's are easily obtained through commendations making much of the 72 schematics worthless.

But I'd agree with you. Some of the old named columi / rakata weapons should be given to the crafters or obtainable through some means and synthweavers / armormechs should be able to make Rakata shells as they do War Hero or Battlemaster gear.

And by the way, while I'm on that subject, BioWare: Make a moddable, craftable schematic for battlemaster belts so we can complete the armor set properly. There isn't a belt in the game that I can get today that's moddable and shares the look of the old Battlemaster War Leader belt. You should have thought of that when you made those craftable only. And the time has come to change the existing Columi / Rakata etc. schematics to BoE instead of BoP. (Which was retarded BTW.)

And if they do put the stuff on the Cartel Market, I don't want to see any ******** blinking Christmas lights on them like they've done with some of the other Rakata armors that have been sold back to us in Cartel Packs. (Energized Manhunter, etc.)

Edited by Spamfritter

Yeah i be totally down with The Tionese/Columi/Rakata Gear being craftable or just on Cartel Market, either way i can roll with that.

But its true Crafting has taken a Huge hit since Cartel market, hell free to play kinda killed it as well.

I am not sure how going free to play hindered crafting in any way. The problem is that crafters can't make any end game gear really worth having any more. So if they can't make useful gear (78 hilts and what not) then they need to make cosmetic items that are desirable. In my opinion some of the best crystal colors aren't the Cartel Market ones but the ones you can craft or get as drops in the game. There isn't a lot of money to be made from crafting these but it's steady and profitable. Some of the rarer schematics like the Magenta Hawkeye can indeed net you nice profits though.

Now given that people can just pull crystals out of their collections menu, the price of crystals in general has gone down so I am aware of that hurting the market, but I'm still of the opinion that the crafted/drops are the better looking colors.

BioWare could throw the crafters a bone and make Rakata / etc. schematics non-BoP and put the schematics back in the game rather than bringing out retarded Lite Bright versions in the CM like they have been. The guys selling Battelmaster gear are generally making good money doing it. And the valor requirements being on that gear keeps everyone from running around with that armor leaving some exclusivity and thus rarity / desirability.

I'm not saying they should throw valor requirements on the Rakata gear, but it would be nice if they either made them expensive to craft, and kept their level requirements.

Just my $0.2.

• 2 months later...