Active subscriber...but I can't level past 50

SunFlashAwesome

So by the referral thing that SWTOR is doing, as a old subscriber, I now have an active subscription for 7 days. However I cannot level past 50. I was under the impression that all you had to be was an active sub to have the ROTHC expansion now, am I wrong?

You have to pay to be a subscriber to RotHC for "free.." As if you didn't know.

I'm guessing the Refer a Friend thing doesn't count as "an active sub".

But you should totally re-sub, TOR is awesome :) And as a lvl 50, you will be seriously limited.

Or, as an ex-sub, you'll be pref status, so just buy RotHC.

It stinks that it doesn't I was really excited for a minute there.

I should re-sub, I have plenty of 50's, but I can't buy stuff online due to payment options. Since the stores around me don't sell the right cards I haven't actually been able to pick it up. I was hoping I'd found a way to get it, I've played BW money in the past obviously, it's not like I'm trying to be a cheapskate.

I'm guessing the Refer a Friend thing doesn't count as "an active sub".

But you should totally re-sub, TOR is awesome :) And as a lvl 50, you will be seriously limited.

Or, as an ex-sub, you'll be pref status, so just buy RotHC.

Which is a completely silly waste of money might I add (unless they changed the price, having already got it, I can't see it's current price).

It costs $19, and the costliest sub costs $15. No one in their right mind would buy the former.

NOTE: I have a guildie who got the former. Well, I did specify no one in their right mind. :D

Which is a completely silly waste of money might I add (unless they changed the price, having already got it, I can't see it's current price).

It costs $19, and the costliest sub costs $15. No one in their right mind would buy the former.

NOTE: I have a guildie who got the former. Well, I did specify no one in their right mind. :D

But the $19 is a one time payment instead of the $15 per month.

Although I am not clear whether once you get it, you always have it? Like if someone subbed for one month, do they get RotHC forever if they unsub again? Or do they lose it e.g. their 55s stay 55, but they can't level any others past 50?

I've always been a sub, so I don't know how that works.

But the $19 is a one time payment instead of the $15 per month.

Although I am not clear whether once you get it, you always have it? Like if someone subbed for one month, do they get RotHC forever if they unsub again? Or do they lose it e.g. their 55s stay 55, but they can't level any others past 50?

I've always been a sub, so I don't know how that works.

I was told all you need was to sub and you'd get it so now I'm apprehensive about buying a sub even if I do get the chance because it may not last...can we get some official word on this?

If you purchase the expansion as a stand alone, you always have it sub or not.

If you only sub, you only have the expansion for as long as you sub.

That's how it worked before at any rate.

That's not what everyone on the fleet just said when I asked. I'm really confused now. Is a support ticket my best bet now or is there a chance someone with the knowledge of this will actually give a concrete response?

I came back through one of those refer-a-friend deals, and my level 50 Inq was able to go straight to Makeb as soon as I logged her in during my free days. She had the mail with the first quest waiting for her in the box. I left 2 months after release and never subbed when RotHC came out or anything, so it wasn't something she'd had access to before I left. Sounds like something got borked.

Try a client repair from the launcher and if that doesn't work, send a ticket.

I'm repairing now, I really hope you're right as I've been trying to get this expansion ever since it came out. Thanks for the hope. :)

I'm repairing now, I really hope you're right as I've been trying to get this expansion ever since it came out. Thanks for the hope. :)

If Repair doesn't work I'd recommend just buying a month and see if the sub life speaks to you. You'll get Makeb for free even if you decide to quit then.

So repairing the client did nothing except give me the ability to play galactic starfighter. I don't care about that, I want to get to level 55. How come I was able to get one expansion and not the other?

Looks like customer service time.

I don't know about the other expansion, but Galactic Starfighter is free to everyone, including Free 2 Play, when it fully releases next year. So that's why you got access to it.

Previous Subscribers enjoy seven days of subscription level access with unlimited access to missions and features up to Level 50 plus the following:

http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

From the Refer a Friend page.

Its intentional by the wording there. I imagine whoever got RoTHC out of it got it because of some bug in the system.

Why can't I get a bug in the system :(