SWTOR and Razor products

Obilam

if you are buying the SWTOR Razer products, know that the colour crystal that comes with it is no longer active. Those promotions expired over a year ago.

Personally I suggest the new 2014 Razer Mouse which has a wider grip and mechanical side keys, Razer mechanical keyboard with macro buttons on the left side, and the new Nostro.

I believe the keyboard you are referring to is the Anansi, which I can attest to as being a good keyboard. Nicely backlit (you can change the back light colors as well) with almost a dozen macro keys on it. I like it.

Anywhos..... after a few PM's, researching, youtubing..... I have decided to purchase the G600 Logi mouse. It appears to be winning most reviews.....

Should I choose to purchase the Razer keypad at a latter date, do you think the two will work well together (no conflicts)?

Now that I decided that, why would I choose the Orbweaver over the NOstromo or Tartarus (which is surprisingly SWTOR sounding).

I bought a Nostromo about a year ago because my desk isn't wide enough to mouse next to the keyboard. I have the Razer Lycosa keyboard on the desktop, the Nostromo & Logitech mouse on the keyboard drawer. If I was going to buy one now I'd get the Orbweaver because it has 5 more buttons.

I don't use macros to play, but I have a couple set for chat functions ("thanks" and "any time")

I don't really like the Razer Synapse software, which their utility to store your button programs. It stores your programmed buttons in the cloud so that you can sign in anywhere and get your settings, but I have no need for that so I set it to offline mode and it seems to work fine.

My Nostromo settings:

unshifted / shifted / alt

1 = 1/6/F1 2 = 2/7/F2 3 = 3/8/F3 4 = 4/9/F4 5 = 5/0/F5

6 = next enemy / nearest 7 = Q/L 8 = W/X 9 = E 10 = F/F/Target's target

11 = next friend / nearest / sheath 12 = A/M 13 = S/I 14 = D

Scroll wheel = hotbar select & press for run / walk

modifier button = shift

directional pad = Jump / chat macro 1 / chat macro 2 / ctrl

15 button = alt modifier

You can set one of the buttons to advance through about 7 pages of different settings for the buttons. I can't remember how many pages because I don't use it much.

With the Nostromo, I don't find a need for extra buttons on my mouse.

I have the Razer Naga Epic and Naga 2014, and I have to say that 2014 is the best, though Epic is really great, too. Keyboard I don't know anything about, though, as I play on a laptop :p

The Naga is, generally speaking, excellent at MMO's, though I'd recommend something else for FPS's, even though the Naga has a high DPI and stuff, it just doesn't seem to work with FPS's. I don't know why, though.

I use the mouse and it's great. 12 buttons on the thumb is not too much once you get used to it. It took me a couple hours, tops.

The thumb buttons do work with modifier keys (shift/ctrl/alt).

I could not game without my mouse.

I tried the keyboard. Hated it. I didn't like the flat laptop/calculator style keys. I prefer regular keys. Plus I think its numeric keypad is non-standard or absent or very strange. I sold it.

I use the Logitech GS10 keyboard now. It's as awesome as the mouse.

Edited by DarthTHC

thanks for all the feedback.

For what it's worth I decided to purchase the G600 (consistently better reviews) AND the Tartarus (far cheaper than the Orb).

Arrive on the 2nd....... then a PvP god will be born (really, I am joking at this point :))

Regards

Obilam

I'm using SWTOR Razer mouse for over a year now. If you are planning to buy one and use it on wireless, I do not recommend. There are connection problems when it is on wireless. I couldn't solve it with firmware updates and couldn't send it to amazon or Razer because of the high shipment costs.

But the numeric key pad on the side of the mouse is incredibly usefull. When on wire, the response is beautifull and the command keys are right under your thumb. Great experience.

Edited by MilesTeg_cy

I'm using SWTOR Razor mouse for over a year now. If you are planning to buy one and use it on wireless, I do not recommend. There are connection problems when it is on wireless. I couldn't solve it with firmware updates and couldn't send it to amazon or Razor because of the high shipment costs.

But the numeric key pad on the side of the mouse is incredibly usefull. When on wire, the response is beautifull and the command keys are right under your thumb. Great experience.

Yeah, the Epic has problems on wireless, too. Quite annoying...

Just been followin up on the reviews and it does seem that against the 2014 version it's kinda 50/50.

Most of the reviews I watched were against the 2012? (not 2014). Really unsure again now...........

You'll be fine with the g600.

If your gamepad doesn't work out and you choose to switch to a mechanical keyboard, Razer only makes one: The Black Widow, and it's a bit overpriced for what you get. Instead, consider a keyboard from Roccat, Ducky or Corsair with Cherry Reds or Blacks.

OP, I prefer the Naga as I said, but it also really comes down to what you get used too. If you go with the Logitech and use it for a while, I'm quite sure you aren't going to trade it for a Naga.

So... pick one. If you can try them out, that is the best option. Some stores have great return policies so you can buy both and return one. If you are buying online... yeah, that may not work as well. Lol.