How to mm begin gearing?

uanaka

Heya!

So I'm currently 53 and I'm getting close to hitting end game where in need to start looking at gear. But i realize I have absolutely no idea what to do. Because I'm so over leveled, I'm still on correlia but I plan to rush through that and Makeb.

So i was wondering if anything could tell me what to do afterwards? I'm saving up planetary comms and have wz the comms ready to change into planetary comms (or should I get ranked wz comms?) so after Makeb I can get the basic purple great all the while doing FPS once in a while to do the daily. My armor rating is like 108 so I can't start doing dailies yet.

So any help?

Thanks!

Hello,

Your post is a little bit confusing , you mention planetary comms along with wz and ranked wz comms , do you want to get gear for pve or pvp ?

For pve , the planetary coms can get you armorings , mods and enhancements ( lvl 49 are the highest ones you can puchase with those , if i am not mistaking ) , which should be enough to get you started for HM Flashpoints , then as you get more gear and elite coms from FPs you will be able to progress to SM ops and so on untill you will get to min maxing :)

For pvp , its a bit more complicated . For this area , i have to admit , i don't know how to start gearing since i pretty much went into warzones with my old elite warhero gear and the system bolstered it so i would not get atomized :p

But , I've see a lot of players in regular warzones with blues and greens equiped , and although you will get alot of heat from your team mates , with regards to your gear , you will have to endure it , untill you get a full set of pvp gear.

Also , if you get the pve gear from planetary comms you will have a decent start in pvp as well , since that gear will be bolstered to decent levels. You will have to be patient until you get your conqueror set to be fully effective , but that should not take long , if you are persistent and go thorough the daily and weekly quests , you should have a full set in about 1 week , 2 tops.

As a recommendation , i would suggest that you pick up Cybertech and craft your own armorings and mods. It is a very useful profession , even after you get maxxed out , you can always craft stuff for the GTN or for gearing alts.

Sorry about that, now that I reread my post I understand the confusion.

What I mean is that while I PVP, i get the WZ comms but people tell me to change those into ranked WZ comms, although I dont know why. Because i do plan to PVE with ops and etc. Also, what's this I read about like Makeb purple 66 gears?

I'm very confused in general cause this is the first MMO that i've ever played where I am close to end game.

Since you are running in 108 gear, you really have a good amount of work to do on improving your gear. Go through Makeb or check out the GTN & purchase LVL 53 mods for your gear (that will bring you to armor 140 if memory serves correctly). That will get you through the lvl 50 HM FPs & will also get you through SM EV. These will allow you to get the Coms (Clasic & Basic) needed to start improving your gear for EoG FP's & Raids. As for PVP, You have to progress through the different sets. That means you need a full set of Partasain (reg WZ coms) then you upgrade to Conqueror (also reg WZ coms) afterward you will purchase Obroan (ranked WZ coms). If you have not max'd conqueror (and since your gear is 108 you havent, Conqueror will get you 156) dont trade them for Ranked, use them for the Partisan/Conqueror

Wow thanks so much! I have cyber tech, so i'll work on making those 53 mods and armoring, and I'll buy the enhancements. So i guess I'll just go through Makeb first. Also, how viable is pvp gear in pve situations? Like FP and ops

Its better than going in w/ your current gear. When I was 1st leveling my Assasain, I started w/ PVP gear (partisan) b/c it had the highest armor rating & was geared for Tanking (matches my role) after running a few HM FP's & completing CZ-198 dalies I was able to get enough Coms to get a full clasic set of PVE gear (156 rating, i forget the name of the set) so I could run the 55 HM FP's & do HM EV. After you have gotten your Arkanian set (162 gear) then you can start doing SM OPs to get ultimate coms which will let you buy Underworld gear (168). this will let you do HM ops to get gear (drops) that are 172 gear.

Partisan doesn't exist in-game anymore.

For PVP: You'll spend regular WZ comms on Conqueror gear. After you have a full set (and valor level 40) you convert regular comms to ranked comms at a cost of 30 warzone comms gets you 10 ranked (so 3 WZ comms = 1 ranked.) You'll then purchase Obroan gear by paying ranked comms and turning in the appropriate conqueror piece. (I.E., to purchase tank assassin gear (called "Survivor") you would first buy the Conqueror Survivor chest piece, then pay ranked comms and turn in that chest piece to get a Obroan chest piece. (You only need to turn in the SHELL, you may keep the conqueror mods.)

For PVE: Spend your planetary comms on Fleet at the Makeb vendor to purchase armorings, mods, and enhancements. These will be good enough to start doing level 50 HM FPs to get Black Hole and Campaign gear. Once you're outfitted in Black Hole/Campaign (and are at least level 53) find a group to do the Oricon questline with. This will get you started with a few pieces of 66 gear, and be suitable to begin doing 55 HM FPs. Once you have a set of Arkanian gear from that, you can begin doing Operations.

Note: Conqueror PVP gear is more than enough to do SM 55 operations with. You'll also want to augment your gear. This is done by procuring an augment kit from a crafter or the GTN and paying a small fee to add an augment slot to a piece of gear. Augments provide small stat boosts - the top tier ones currently being, IIRC, 20 main stat and 32 endurance per piece of gear.

But basically, I could buy the Makeb commendation items pre-55, and then when I get to 55 could I buy the PVP armor?

Also, could you explain even further about buying the PVP set? about how you have to buy one set first and then buy another?

thanks

So basically I can't really begin to gear until I hit 55 right? I haven't even gotten my Makeb gear so I don't think I could do Oricon or try and get the artifact gear am I correct? But is this also another viable solution?

To get my Makeb + Oricon gear and then transition into PVP gear -> Conqueror/Obroan? Instead of going Arkanian, UW etc.

im sorry i though you mean pve. i really don't pvp and i really cant help you there. PvP is not of my concern at all but there's many ppl that can help you hopefully. Sorry.

Well I want both, I just wanted to know if the PVP set will also work for PVE also? If not, I'd just go straight PVE because I think the pve sets would take longer to get cause of all those dailies and comms.

Well I want both, I just wanted to know if the PVP set will also work for PVE also? If not, I'd just go straight PVE because I think the pve sets would take longer to get cause of all those dailies and comms.

When it comes to getting Sets (both PVP & PVE) you'll need to wait till you are 55. All the PVP sets (partisan, conqueror & Oriban) have lvl 55 restrictions. The same for Arkanian/Underworld (i dont remember is Black Market is lvl 55, 53 or 50). Now since you are still only 53, all this info is FYI. As you make your way through Makeb, I'd equip the gear that drops as most of that will be better than what you stated you currently have equiped. that will allow you to begin that early dalies of The Black Hole (corellia) & Section X (belsavis). Also, you can do Section X ANYTIME after you reach lvl 47 (so start it now to accumulate basic Coms & it is where you begin your HK-51 quest :rak_03:). I hope this is useful for you.

You should have a decentish amount of cash so go buy blue 66 gear (requires level 53) from the GTN. It's dirt cheap for what it is. Don't bother using your planet comms on the Makeb vendor because the 66 blue gear off the GTN is much much better.

You'll then find Ilum, Section X and Black Hole easy to get cash.

What are the best dailies to run for credits?

I hear section X and belsavis but not ilum... Why is that? Also what are some need to run dailies and weeklies?

Not Ilum? Well that's wrong for a start. The dailies there are easy and net you just over 10k each.