Guardian or Jugg

CommanderGavin

I would equate the stories almost the same, with a slight edge toward Sith Warrior.

Sith warrior felt a lot more dynamic and more like your choices actually mattered at all. It's the only character that has one of their companions change dynamically based on your decisions. The resolution to the story kind of fell on its face though.

Guardian is a pretty solid story all the way through, if not particularly interesting. The resolution was really good, though the leadup to it was kind of anticlimactic (Wait, he's vulnerable now? But we didn't DO anything!)

Hi there I'm trying to figure out which one to do. So what I basically want to know which one has a better storyline also are they good classes for pvp? Like will I get wasted or will I be able to some damage?

Sith Warrior Story has been my favorite so far. I've played the Consular, Warrior, Trooper and Bounty Hunter stories. The thing that kept my from getting a Knight past 30 is the animations. I think if I played a body 2 it wouldn't bother me too bad, but I always like my tanks to be bigger. I think this stems back to when healers actually had to clock on the tanks to heal them and having a bigger race was made it easier.

I would vote Juggernaut

I would vote GUardian....

Solely on combat technique.

You want an uneducated, completely retarded brute without any Swordsmanship? Go jugg.

You want a refined warrior, made of flair and charisma and forged with relentless practice? Go guardian. Guardian is THE swordsman. Jugg is just a brute with a stick.

Stories are good overall. Warrior ends is very meh. Knight storyline is original KOTOR3 storyline, so it holds to that quality of Drew Karsphyn writing.

Plus, David Hayter for male knight. You can't really top that.

The guardian has an overall more polished animation set compared to the jugg, if that's your shtick. Jugg animations are built off the guardian's as a base, so many animations often return you to the guardian idle stance before resuming the juggernaut idle stance.

Juggernaut is a Darth Vader/Fallen Anakin Skywalker archetype in both looks and combat style, while the guardian is more of a clone wars Obi-Wan type.

I have heard that the knight story is the classic hero's journey, and a continuation of the main kotor storyline, setting up major events for the post class story end-game world state. Warrior is a self contained story that overlaps with some of the events that occur in the knight story.

They are both considered to be some of the better class stories.

Edited by Marb

• 2 weeks later...
The guardian has an overall more polished animation set compared to the jugg, if that's your shtick. Jugg animations are built off the guardian's as a base, so many animations often return you to the guardian idle stance before resuming the juggernaut idle stance.

Juggernaut is a Darth Vader/Fallen Anakin Skywalker archetype in both looks and combat style, while the guardian is more of a clone wars Obi-Wan type.

I have heard that the knight story is the classic hero's journey, and a continuation of the main kotor storyline, setting up major events for the post class story end-game world state. Warrior is a self contained story that overlaps with some of the events that occur in the knight story.

They are both considered to be some of the better class stories.

Ravage looks way better in every respect compared to master strike. That spin stab annoys the crap out of me. Plus, scream is just plain awesome.

Ravage looks way better in every respect compared to master strike. That spin stab annoys the crap out of me. Plus, scream is just plain awesome.

Yea sure, but it's not cool holding your lightsaber like a baseball bat for half a second every time you return to the idle pose as a jugg, no matter what ability you use.

Overall, both stories are good. Knight DS ending is worth it, even if you're running LS.

As far as PvP goes, both damage specs are good for regs, but they aren't stellar in Arenas.

As far as visuals go, the only animation I like better on the Juggernaut is Ravage as opposite to Guardian's Master Strike. Guardian animations feel way more polished and practiced, while Jugg just swings that lightsaber like a caveman swings a stick. They also changed Impale animation, which was an awesome inward spin=>stab in the chest into a silly flip+stab the enemy in the foot while landing.

Cooler > not as cool

Force scream > blade storm

Crushing blow > guardian slash

Backhand >>(for twice as cool) hilt strike

Threatening scream > challenging call

Invincible > warding call

Sonic barrier > blade barrier

Audible proc for rampage, the sinister giggle > Zen strike and the screaming banshee

---------

Overhead slash > impale

Leaping on a Guardian > Jugg

Unremitting animation > unstoppable

Plasma brand > shatter

---------

Vicious slash = slash. I don't really feel strongly about either of them, both kinda meh.

Master strike = Ravage. I've come to appreciate MS more now.

I also do kinda like the way the Guardian holds the lightsaber while *standing still*. Yes, it does look like a batter in the box waiting for a pitch, but it kinda says "I'm ready to defend myself". I like it. Of course I always liked the Jugg's more offensive stance with the clenched fist and tapping the LS on the ground. So I call it equal here.

Jugg running in combat > Guardian running in combat.

Overall I like my Vigilance Guardian > Vengeance Jugg.

Immortal Jugg > Defense Guardian.

Edited by Ridickilis