Cartel Packs Improve on Group Size... Maybe?

GhostRuner

I hate to do this. I really, really hate to do this. And I'm not sure if this has been pointed out somewhere, but I believe I have found some sort of potential exploitation with the cartel packs. At least I think I have.

In larger group sizes, they seem to increase the probability to get better gear. Not all the way as I have still get some contents that I would deem to be of low quality (just how many dancer tops do I need??). I've only done it in pvp settings where I have 8 group members, but my loot has seemed to improve slightly. At the very least I've had more success getting the rarer stuff. Such as a Max-Tac sniper there. Or a Lime-Green Hawkeye crystal here. A Tythonian Force-Master's lightsaber. Or just recently a Shadow Hand Throne Chair. All in one night mind you. Either I'm really, really lucky or I'm improving my odds.

I can't be sure because I haven't done any math and I haven't bought a lot (kind of costs a lot after a while) other than that one Hypercrate (been trying to get Revan's gloves and belt), but I wanted to point this out before I get slapped with some email saying I violated the rules of the game.

This might not even be a bug as it could just be following the same rules as all the other looting mechanics. I don't know. My friend told me about it and seeing an opportunity to have success at completing my Revan collection, I jumped on it. So you can see why this pains me to reveal this potential secret (if it exists or not). If it does exist, feel free to delete this thread in an effort to keep it private.