The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I should know this...but wha are mods? : /

shortnstocky

Question about crafting.

My wish list consists of:

-Crafting a 168 barrel for my main hand blaster pistol

-Making augment slots for my Heartless Pursing armor to bring my accuracy up.

I have asked for help for this and people have been very nice about offering assistance. But they say "as long as you get the mods (or mats??) for it I will be more than happy to help you put that together".

...so, at this point whomever is reading this has a right to laugh at me because I should know this and don't. Wha do they mean "as long as I get the mods? Can I make the mods on my own? (maxed out in slicing, armstech, and scavenging) If I can't make them on my own can I buy them on the galactic market? If accessible on galactic market are there specific kinds of mods I need to buy for what I want?

Thanks so much in advance.

Edited by shortnstocky

Mods are generally what the bits in your armour are called (the armouring, the modiication, the enhancement, the augment). Armourings and modifications can be crafted with Cybertech, enhancements with Artifice. Barrels are made by Armstech.

You say you want to add an augment slot to your armour so you can put an accuracy augment in it, and you want to craft a barrel. Someone saying "as long as you get the mods (or mats??) for it I will be more than happy to help you put that together" sounds like they are talking about MATS- "If you have the crafting materials (mats) for it, I will craft you an augment/ augment kit/ augment/ barrel". If you want someone to craft something for you or you want to do it yourself, best bet is to use google to find a site like askmrrobot.com that will tell you what materials are needed to craft certain items. For example, a 168 grade barrel: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/46848/advanced-skill-barrel-31

Ok, that was tremendous help I will get right on that.

I have been solely relying on ulti comms to help my main toon reach an indestructible / legendary status. But after reviewing my spex I realized the best armor in the game only scratches the surface and I still have work to do.

You pointed me in the right direction (lol and didn't laugh at such an obvious question), thank you.