Ignores 100% armor

Flearos

Idk about anyone else but does it seem like there are to many abilities that ignore 100% of fighters armor thus making, for example charged plating useless. I'm mainly thinking of burst blasters and slug rail guns. Abilities like rockets and missiles I'm fine with because there is a finite amount of ammo. Having infinite ammo (as blasters are) with this ability seems to much and completely negates deflection armor and a few companions secondary abilities.

The only Blaster I know of that ignores 100% of armor is the Burst Laser Cannon (It's Tier 4 Ability) and Heavy Blaster Cannons. . .

No other blasters have this ability. They have increased damage by 18% against enemy hulls, but not ignore.

Secondary Abilities that have ignore + Infinite Use:

Rail Gun

Edited by Cashal

Heavy Laser Cannons can also ignore armor.

Rocket Pods, Proton/Thermite Torpedos...prolly more.

I agree that there are too many ways to completely ignore armor. I think the upgrades that provide armor pen should only give 25-35% instead of 100%. The base weapons that ignore armor are fine, imo (EDIT: There might be a benefit to using torpedos if there weren't so many other ways to ignore armor).

Edited by Lymain

The only Blaster I know of that ignores 100% of armor is the Burst Laser Cannon (It's Tier 4 Ability). . .

No other blasters have this ability. They have increased damage by 18% against enemy hulls, but not ignore.

Secondary Abilities that have ignore + Infinite Use:

Rail Gun

Heavy does as well. To me the heavy is the devastating one with ignore armor. I don't understand the infatuation with burst cannons. No one can fight at less than 500m, and over that they're the weakest cannon.

Personally I think guns shouldn't get 100% ignore. Some number less than 100% so that armor is still doing something.

(EDIT: There might be a benefit to using torpedos if there weren't so many other ways to ignore armor).

Protons are still useful because of their range and they also have 100% shield pierce. So you're just doing a flat 870 hull damage with a chance of crit.

Edited by Yorumi