Why do we NEED certain items.

KulstorEbro

I was originally going to post this in the Smuggler/Scoundrel forum since it's what I play, but I'm also more than certain it's not that class only that faces this dilemma.

My simple argument, why on earth do I need my Blaster Pistol to throw a few of my grenades and especially to use my healing abilities?

I understand for some of my abilities that are directly linked to using a blaster pistol, and I won't argue those in the slightest bit, they make a lot of sense, but really... I don't understand how holding a Blaster is related to throwing a flash bang, and especially tapping on a few buttons to a scanner, if anything, it just seems more inconvenient from a realistic outlook.

If it directly linked to, "So crazy fools don't run around using the Legacy Unarmed attacks effectively," I don't think any of those scale properly enough to be that effective, but why not? If someone manages to break free from the mold and reinvent the wheel, more power to them, right?

I guess what I really want to know or suggest, why not fix some of those things? I would really like for my Scoundrel to be able to heal allies and such even if I don't have a pistol equipped. Again, I do not expect to be able to use abilities that are directly linked to the particular weapon, just stuff that honestly has nothing to do with it.

I know what you mean, drawing a weapon everytime you do something is annoying.

But the healing without a blaster equiped is more problematic, you see the blaster has some stats on it (aim and maybe critical and surge) which affect how well the healing does. (similar for the sage and his lightsaber).

But you should be able to heal without drawing it at least.

Your mainhand has tech/force power, and base min/max damage, without it your grenades and heals would give much less damage/heal if anything at all. Would be nice if animation wise you didn't have to draw your weapon for certain abilities though, such as healing, most damage abilities as sage/sorcerer and things like that.

Thanks, that's insightful to say the least, but my only counter argument to it would be the fact I can use the Smuggler's Frag Grenade without anything equipped (Also, it is before you get the shotgun). So I'm guessing that case and point is simply a convenient error?

It all boils down to Mainhand=Device for your abilities.

It can also be because other classes have a "disarm" ability and the devs wanted that ability to basically disable all yours. I don't know.

From a force user's point of view, we can use lightsabers and we can use vibroswords, and certain things are disabled when using vibroswords. I can see not being able to reflect blaster shots with a vibrosword, but unable to use the Force? I don't know.

It can also be because other classes have a "disarm" ability and the devs wanted that ability to basically disable all yours. I don't know.

From a force user's point of view, we can use lightsabers and we can use vibroswords, and certain things are disabled when using vibroswords. I can see not being able to reflect blaster shots with a vibrosword, but unable to use the Force? I don't know.

NOTHING is disabled when using vibroswords, that changed when the game went F2P.

Thanks, that's insightful to say the least, but my only counter argument to it would be the fact I can use the Smuggler's Frag Grenade without anything equipped (Also, it is before you get the shotgun). So I'm guessing that case and point is simply a convenient error?

It all boils down to Mainhand=Device for your abilities.

Yes, it probably is a convenient error.

And yes it sort of does boil down to Mainhand=Device for all abilities.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.