Permastealthed cap

EzioMessi

Stealthing should (logically) break on capping or entering combat right? This is not entirely true in this game though, where rightafter a warzone has started, it takes a full 10 seconds after a player unstealths before his model even shows up on my screen.

I have learnt to account for that by watching for the lightsaber pop out of their hand when they unstealth, because that always renders immediately. Then I just spam tab or try clicking on where I guess their body is to leap to them and interrupt cap.

Yesterday however, in a game of Civil War, I was responding to an inc call. Most of my team were not on node, and when I showed up there was the blue pillar of light indicating a capper. I tried tabbing. No luck. Then I tried clicking on the empty space below the light. No luck. Nothing I could do would help me target the stealther. On second glance, I also noticed that there was no gun and no lightsaber in the empty space.

My first thought was, "Is this guy hacking", but they barely seemed to realize what was happening, since they never pulled it off again.

So, is this something with my internet or computer failing me? Or has someone else experienced this too?

(Note: I am talking about *untargettable* stealthers-who-render-late, not just the rendering issue).

I've seen this many times with void star doors, civil war nodes and orb consoles in hypergate. The steather appears to stay stealthed while capping. In some cases near the end of the cap cast I've been able to detect something so I knew I needed to AOE the area to stop it. In others the cap was complete by the time anything materialized on my screen. When capping the stealther needs to immediately come out of stealth so opposing team members have an opportunity to stop the cap.

I to have experienced this issue since 1.2 was released. Before that my load times where fast and had a decent fps rate as well. Since then my load screens can last 2-3 minutes and fps can go as low as 2-3 while in pvp matchs or operations. I live with it and manage reatively fine except when it comes to stealth classes which will remained stealthed till I am usually dead. A few of my guildies have the issues when adds first come out in operations where they can't see it or the boss they are attacking will go underground for them and no longer can do anything to help the raid.

I know there was a month or two ago when people would use two stealth classes that could smuggle people, one would be stealthed and then activate there smuggle. When it was about to complete, the other would cast theirs then the 1st person that smuggled would start clicking the door and would remained stealthed thru-out the cap. The only way you would know is sometimes a light would be around their feet but still un-targetable. Usually thats when people start yelling at you about not callign out but it was impossible to know you had a double stealth smuggle team doing it.

I know it sucks, and it's like watching matchs where people run up a ramp, but the graphics show them running thru the ramp as like jumping down the side and people right behind them heads follow down as well. And they jump down to follow target which actually is now on the ramp above them. These small knowticable glitchs have continued to plague the game for a very long time, maybe its our end computers, maybe its the internet connection between server and end-user. No one can put a finger on it and say what is the absolute cause of the issue many have experienced.