Can someone at Bioware explain this?

BigDumbViking

Ancient Hypergate Early End due to Republic not filling a team.

How exactly can this happen. We had a significant lead in every stat possible in the WZ, how is it that the team that failed to fill in due to queue quitters, gets the comms and medals for winning when the WZ end early?

Is this just a random winner generator when the WZ doesn't fill? How is that fair to anyone in the WZ? Everyone spent time in the queue, in this instance we made it to the second round of AH before quitters forced the WZ to end... Why should we be penalized?

Edited by BigDumbViking
Adding better description of issue

You do not need someone from BioWare to explain this to you. Also you should include the actual issue in your subject instead of something arbitrary. To answer your question, if it isn't obvious, the system is not going to waste people's time. Ask yourself this: How is it fair that the enemy team gets constantly demolished because their teammates are leaving? Are they supposed to sit through an unfair game and get destroyed because you believe you deserve the win anyway? And even if your team is not doing well, and those players are leaving for other reasons, how is it fair that you get a win, and they get a loss when it's completely out of their control? Due to the random nature of the PVP queue system, the match-ending system cant really be exploited. Personally I wish other games had this system. I hate losing because my teammates give up and leave, but I digress. You were obviously angry enough to make a thread about it, so I encourage you to check your entitlement.

TL;DR There is no point in pvp match continuing if it doesn't even have enough people to play it.

You totally missed the point, but I appreciate you taking the time to talk down to me... That was sweet of you.

My point is that my team was winning handily, but because of the terrible queue system, everyone on their team got 5 extra medals, the associated comms, and valor for winning.

Seriously, I have no problem with stopping the game, but I spent as much time in the queue waiting for that match, why do we get the shaft on coms/medals/ect because the other team had a bunch of quitters?

Can anyone confirm if the other team actually got a "Win" from it - or if both teams got "Defeat" (since there is no separate "Draw" outcome)?

If both teams got a "Defeat" then I think BW should look into changing the mechanic, but it wouldn't be a bug per se.

If the other team got a Win then I sure hope it's a bug, and definitely one BW should make sure to fix soon.

Back in the days when I still played PvP regularly, I often faced this situation that one team had only 5 players at the beginning. It's a 50:50 chance. Sometimes my team had 8 players and I lost. Another day I won. Sometimes I was in a team of 5 and we won. Another day I lost. It's just how it is since there are no draws in this game. It's probably not the best solution, but as I said, chances are 50:50 and at the end, things always even out.

Can anyone confirm if the other team actually got a "Win" from it - or if both teams got "Defeat" (since there is no separate "Draw" outcome)?

If both teams got a "Defeat" then I think BW should look into changing the mechanic, but it wouldn't be a bug per se.

If the other team got a Win then I sure hope it's a bug, and definitely one BW should make sure to fix soon.

Based on the fact that one of their players got 7 medals and did 1k damage and 1k healing... I would say they got the win. I did 75k damage and got 2 medals... My guess is they got the 5 medal win bonus, which would make the difference in the # of medals make sense.

Hm, the way I see it, the Reps won that match the same reason why someone wins in a draw in Huttball: They had more medals by the end of the match than the other team.

If I'm counting this right, the Imps had a total of 19 medals, while the Reps had 39. Had this been the first round of Ancient Hypergates with the pylons not having discharged yet, it would make sense since there was no actual "score" yet, but since it already shows the x4 multiplier, I guess the score really doesn't matter when the Warzone is aborted.