Can't reply in chat

Tsillah

Recently something changed in the game and some of the keybindings changed. replying in chat had always been R for me but now it's set to Shift + R. Easily fixed but either way all it does is add /whisper to my chat and doesn't actually give the name of the person I am chatting with.

So to whisper someone I constantly have to click on his name to be able to reply again. Very annoying.

I sent in a bug report in game but since they just pass bug reports on and don't actually give any answers to the matter I also post this here.

• 2 weeks later...
It is something to do with the GSF update. There is an R keybind in the Starfighter settings, clear that or change it to something else and rebind it in your normal settings for reply.

Doing that worked for me anyway.

yeh, I noticed that they changed the chat reply to Shift + R instead of just R but even that didn't work. Thanks for the tip....I'll have a look in my settings tomorrow and see if clearing R from Starfighter will work for me as well.

On my account atleast, the default button for chat reply was unbound. I had to manually bind it to "R" again.

Preferences, Key Bindings, Chat, and find Chat reply there.

Hope that helps.

I did that but it still didn't work. When I pressed R it would literally put /whisper in the chat but without the other person's name. Gonna try the suggestion from the other guy to see if that works tomorrow.

I tried the suggestion to remove R from the starfighter keybinds and set reply in chat to R but still it doesn't work.

Someone whisped me about an ops and when I hit R it did trigger but still only put /whisper in chat WITHOUT putting the other guys's name so I had to click on his name in chat again to be able to reply.

Any help Bioware?